Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Take down bug out canoe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This could be handy for a BOBoat or as a fishing tool

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...-boot.html
Nice! Want one....but its a bit to pricey as it would be a toy for me as not near anything river wise for a bug out anyway and I can spend £500 more productively for me.....but still nice!
that looks a lot more stable than the inflatable ones

[Image: inflatable-canoe-c52q-600.jpg]

[Image: sevylor-colorado-3.jpg]
I've been fishing in an inflatable canoe, it isn't that stable especially if some idiot goes past in a speedboat!!
Theres quite a few people who kayak fish at sea or in the tyne. There expensive by the time you pay for all the gear like fish finders,wet suit ect. You can pick r.i.b boats up at a reasnoble price.
I have an inflatable, and its exceedingly sturdy, and packs down a lot smaller than this "suitcase" canoe

WTF kind of suitcase fills the WHOLE REAR SEAT of a car?? Big Grin
I live on a lake. I suppose I have tried them all. I had a couple of canoes in the past. I have an inflatable, have a 12' flat bottom "john boat", have a 16 foot runabout reworked as a fishing/camping boat.

also have one of these;

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Venture-O...MgodymIApA

My state has some pretty restrictive measures in place with different watercourses needing different motors and sizes of boats. Some are no power zones, some allow only 10hp, so I have one boat for the grandkids to play in, one to fish the cove, another boat for fishing the river.

I built a plywood boat a few years back and discovered that if I wanted to put any type of power to it I had to clear Coast Guard serial numbering, state registration and property taxation, State wildlife inspection and county license tags. Four levels of government to put an electric motor on an 8" plywood boat!
A related subject:

Did you know you can make a reasonable DIY outboard motor from a petrol strimmer ? Remove the strimmer head and fit a prop, it can even be hand held to move a boat with no mounting, like a kayak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvR5xNY60YM

If I needed to bug out by sea, I'd pack the "strimmer outboard" and steal the nearest unloved moored yacht, the strimmer would give me enough to get it out of the harbour if there was no wind.
(16 July 2013, 15:16)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]I have an inflatable, and its exceedingly sturdy, and packs down a lot smaller than this "suitcase" canoe

WTF kind of suitcase fills the WHOLE REAR SEAT of a car?? Big Grin

Ditto Binnie:

We also have an inflatable tandem kayak and it packs into its own ruck sack that contains inflation pump and paddles too.

We find ours to be more stable than rigid kayaks, and of course there is the added security of multiple air bladders that makes is pretty much unsinkable too.
If might be suitable as a fishing boat stored at your Bug-out-location but when you see the designer in it you see it's very small and has very little room for gear so it's not really suitable for bugging out.
Pages: 1 2