Survival UK Forums

Full Version: people/sheeple.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(22 July 2013, 19:05)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 July 2013, 17:46)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]thanks GG, but the fencing is going up tomorrow morning.

That site seems to me to say '20 years public use up to the date of being fenced off, however long ago it was fenced/blocked'. Meaning, I would have thought, that if the decision was in the public's favour, they'd have to take it down again and restore the access.
yes, but I cant see our useless council doing anything about it, and a solicitor would cost money, I may just to have put up with it, its not a problem it just means I have to walk further to get onto the back lane. its just this is the sort of thing that makes me mad and makes me the way I am in my opinion of people in general, why is it people cant see the results of their actions??
What's that bit about every cloud having a silver lining? You may have to walk further but you'll get more exercise! Big Grin
(23 July 2013, 11:50)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [ -> ]What's that bit about every cloud having a silver lining? You may have to walk further but you'll get more exercise! Big Grin

yes there is that!Big Grin it means instead of being out for 40 minutes i'll be an hour now!!
(23 July 2013, 11:27)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]...why is it people cant see the results of their actions??

I think that sadly, many people just don't care what consequences are or how they may effect others...
(23 July 2013, 12:46)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [ -> ]
(23 July 2013, 11:27)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]...why is it people cant see the results of their actions??

I think that sadly, many people just don't care what consequences are or how they may effect others...

no your right...the "whats it to you?" brigade, I have always adhered to the philosophy of "don't sh#t on your own doorstep" but this is alien to most people these days.
I tell you what, I've just been to have a look, and that will make a very handy enclosure for WTSHTF, its about a quarter of an acre, enough to keep a few sheep in..not many but a few...or maybe some chickens or maybe even a pig!! or could use it as an allotment.
(23 July 2013, 14:43)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I tell you what, I've just been to have a look, and that will make a very handy enclosure for WTSHTF, its about a quarter of an acre, enough to keep a few sheep in..not many but a few...or maybe some chickens or maybe even a pig!! or could use it as an allotment.

Is it scrub land? If so the land owner might be happy to let you use it as an allotment now?
(23 July 2013, 14:51)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(23 July 2013, 14:43)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I tell you what, I've just been to have a look, and that will make a very handy enclosure for WTSHTF, its about a quarter of an acre, enough to keep a few sheep in..not many but a few...or maybe some chickens or maybe even a pig!! or could use it as an allotment.

Is it scrub land? If so the land owner might be happy to let you use it as an allotment now?

maybe, its a bit close to home and I can see the local spiv kids trashing it!
GG, An excellent post. If the Council can find a way they will close off public Rights of Way. It is up to us as Preppers and Survivalists to fight such actions. BP, I would be inclined to go to the Citizens Advice Bureaux and get their advice. If there is not a branch locally, you will be able to phone them. I believe that it is a free phone. I am sure that they will help you and undertake the necessary contacts. Kenneth Eames.

BP, It should not cost you any money. Kenneth Eames.
I don't know that its worth my time Kenneth its a fait accompli now, the path was never a public path it was just up the side of someone's fence line and out onto some very rough verge, I spoke to the owner who's house the path goes past and he was very happy to let people use it but I don't think it was a legal footpath as such. the land is now surrounded by fence posts, fencing wire is probably going in next week and the bank has already been filled in .
Pages: 1 2