Survival UK Forums

Full Version: only 3 months to go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
there is an old saying,""make hay while the sun shines", get all your stocks up to date in the good weather while you can, then you can batten down the hatches in the bad weather, we were snowed in here about 3 years ago, didn't go anywhere-apart from walking the dog- for nearly 4 weeks but we didn't run out of anything.

we could have gone for longer-much longer- if needed.
(26 July 2013, 08:29)MaryN Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait for the cold weather. I HATE hot weather, it makes me feel completely washed out. Bring on the snow and frost I say.
I don't like the Winter, not for the cold, rain and snow, but because I like to see the garden full of veg and fruit and Winter is a barren time for me compared to the Summer. I need somewhere where I can grow all year round, as I do love natures bountiful harvestBig Grin
in my village the problem was that the locals did not think they could be cut off ,the local bigger roads were gritted but all the smaller ones were not , the snow got compacted down in to thick ice and no fuel lorrys could get through .
loads of moaning to the council who like many others run out of grit ,the thing is they still only grit the bigger roads around here and the extra grit is just for the bigger roads so it could happen again
(26 July 2013, 12:06)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]in my village the problem was that the locals did not think they could be cut off ,the local bigger roads were gritted but all the smaller ones were not , the snow got compacted down in to thick ice and no fuel lorrys could get through .
loads of moaning to the council who like many others run out of grit ,the thing is they still only grit the bigger roads around here and the extra grit is just for the bigger roads so it could happen again

happens every winter here, through routes are gritted but side roads aren't and we are on a side road!Big Grin sheeple always moan but do not take responsibility for their own lives, its always someone else's fault, that's why their sheeple!Tongue

anyone who runs out of stuff and didn't stock up when they had the chance, is either an idiot or a sheeple or both.
That's the key phrase BP; "Happens every winter."

I live in an area that averages 48" -72" of snow each year, and each winter they are unprepared for the onslaught.

Both entities and individuals seem to forget that winter has come back each year through the millennium and will return this year too!

There is never enough chemical treatment for the roads, never enough equipment to do the job. Homes never have a supply of food or heat.

The only thing there is plenty of is people to stand in front of a camera and whine: "We did not expect this!"

A couple of years back one of the news crews traveled to an isolated area where the people had been "snowed in" for almost two weeks. No one could get in or out, no one had received deliveries of fuel or been able to go out for food and all were in the depths of depression and misery. A dozen people were standing in the snow acting on the brink of starvation and desperation. No electric, no fuel, no food. They were burning twigs picked up from their lawns for heat.

After a few minutes of this dribble the reporter asked: "We got in with our camera truck, why can you not get out?"

While in the background a pizza delivery car cruised past.

I do not like the term, but I think it was at that moment that I realized the true meaning of the word "sheeple"
(26 July 2013, 16:00)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]That's the key phrase BP; "Happens every winter."

I live in an area that averages 48" -72" of snow each year, and each winter they are unprepared for the onslaught.

Both entities and individuals seem to forget that winter has come back each year through the millennium and will return this year too!

There is never enough chemical treatment for the roads, never enough equipment to do the job. Homes never have a supply of food or heat.

The only thing there is plenty of is people to stand in front of a camera and whine: "We did not expect this!"

A couple of years back one of the news crews traveled to an isolated area where the people had been "snowed in" for almost two weeks. No one could get in or out, no one had received deliveries of fuel or been able to go out for food and all were in the depths of depression and misery. A dozen people were standing in the snow acting on the brink of starvation and desperation. No electric, no fuel, no food. They were burning twigs picked up from their lawns for heat.

After a few minutes of this dribble the reporter asked: "We got in with our camera truck, why can you not get out?"

While in the background a pizza delivery car cruised past.

I do not like the term, but I think it was at that moment that I realized the true meaning of the word "sheeple"

yeah Monty, I am surrounded by sheeple, I don't think there is anyone here-apart from us- who has any more than 3 days worth of food at a time, there is a corner type "supermarket" in the town, a bakers and a deli, we lost our butchers last year, so its so easy for them to get restocked just walk down to the shop....that's until the delivery trucks cant get it, then what will they do? moan of course like all sheeple!!

sheeple are very good at complaining but no good at taking responsibility for their own actions (or lack of).
Monty,.... its almost refreshing to hear that its not just this country, I didn't expect it from your part of the world,...

I am fairly sure that I wouldn't see whining people here for lack of food or fuel, just sheeple complaining for the sake of it
(26 July 2013, 17:36)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I am fairly sure that I wouldn't see whining people here for lack of food or fuel, just sheeple complaining for the sake of it

wait until there is a strike HL, or bad weather and the shop shelves are empty then you'll hear plenty of moaning, course it wont be their fault will it??Tongue
Oh,... of course not... Smile.... and anyway, someone will be around soon
(26 July 2013, 17:45)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Oh,... of course not... Smile.... and anyway, someone will be around soon

oh yes, you reckon? don't hold your breath! TPTB look after their own first, remote locations like yours and mine tend to get left to fend for themselves.

my area is very much at the end of the supply chain-for everything, every time the filling station runs out of fuel-which happens regularly, its several days before it gets restocked.
Pages: 1 2 3