Survival UK Forums

Full Version: is their a spring near you ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
tell me about any springs in your area ,if we could get a list together it would be very handy .
controlling one after an event could make you very powerful ,everybody needs water.
the malvern hills have 70 springs on them with 9 popular ones ,walms well dating back to 250 bc
My last retreat had an artesian spring that shot water 5 feet into the air like a park fountain.

My present place is 1/4 mile from a spring fed creek that is damned up to create a mile long lake.

I am also in a location that has many salt springs which are important for salt production for meat preservation.

One salt spring, 10 miles from me, was noted on the maps of North America before any city of French, English or Dutch origin existed in NA.
The nearest spring to me is about a hundred yard away, it used to be the water supply for a couple of houses, now it just runs into the loch

Many houses in this part of the world still have natural springs as their `mains` water,...and good stuff it is too,........... but too many to list seperatly
the local moss runs all year round here, as far as i know there has never been any industry etc to contaminate it at source so it should be ok.

i'm within half a days walk to one of the UK's cleanest rivers too, there are many springs and burns that feed it.

i did stumble across maps from the 1800's that has wells marked on it, plan to check them out
Aye, got 2 near me. I found one of them, the other is down in the woods somewhere. I didn't find it (cause I got lost) Need to have a more sober investigation
yep, loads of springs and wells in the fields all around me.
nearest one to me is 60 feet away at the bottom of my garden.

Back in the 1920`s the owner of the house used the supply to brew beers that he would sell from a cart and horse....

currently working on a system to sink a shallow borehole next to the stream and filter the water with a contraption kinda like a millbank bag in reverseCool

thats the plan going into Autumn anywayRolleyes

A
I have quite a few streams near where I live. How would I find a spring? Are they marked on any maps etc?
No springs here but huge amounts of ground water close to the surface as this area is along the old Scottish cattle drover routes south to York where upon in many places you can just dig a hole about 2 ft deep and water will fill the hole in usuable amounts.
Mc Cavity if you look at OS maps many of this still list old wells and spring sources.
I have two springs, but they just run away down the field, there are always two long green lines of grass and rushes despite any drought. I water the veg and sheep with rainwater collected from the barn roof, many houses could do this too, a 1000 litre IBC container costs £50.
Pages: 1 2