Survival UK Forums

Full Version: everyones doing it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what if prepping and survivalism become more popular would this be a good thing or bad ????
Its becoming more popular by the day... in my opinion, is it a good thing ? yes I suppose but more competition for the rest of us, but I doubt the masses will turn to it, they are to stupid to see whats coming even if it bit them on the arse.
how many shows on tv about cooking or antiques if prepping became like this it would become much harder to find bug out places and store food preps without people susing you out .
(11 August 2013, 15:42)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]what if prepping and survivalism become more popular would this be a good thing or bad ????

All depends on your outlook. And who survives

If more people start prepping, and they're nice, helpful friendly people then:
More preppers, more people to help.

If the chavs, scum and other arseholes start doing it, then:
More preppers, more competition for the resources available.

Can't say it's something I'm bothered about either way. I know the ones local to me, that's all I'm worried about.
I dont think it will ever become that popular, and I am not sure it would a good thing anyway, I think when things become too popular the powers that be start to take too much interest.

It would end up with banns on more things like crossbows, or ordering in bulk will incure extra tax,... or like the states [if reports are true] you become a terrorist suspect if you store too much or are seen doing strange things

I would much prefer to remain as we are now,... there are still thousands of us out there, but we will always be in the minority
im amazed they have not banned crossbows already, its just a matter of time imo
(11 August 2013, 18:58)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]im amazed they have not banned crossbows already, its just a matter of time imo

Define "ban"?
to own carry one like flick knives and now lock knives [without good reason ]
Like everything else in life it will be both good and bad.

Good in as people will start making things that we have to buy from the US or make ourselves. They may start selling bulk foodstuffs at a cheaper price.

Bad as in people will be educated. If an event happens then more people will survive due to being prepared and if it is a TEOTWAWKI event many of our timescales will be way out. People will die out over a much longer timescale and therefore there will be a lot more predators, who now know what they are looking for, around looking to survive just like everyone else. Those resources you planned to use are now going to be on dozens of lists.
the main bulk of the population will never prep, dosent matter what happens as soon as the storm, inclement weather, or whatever is over they will promptly forget it until the next time.