Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Buggin in or out??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im new to the forum and i was wondering what people plan to do if the SHTF?

I plan to bug in due to the family and being based between Coventry and Birmingham i dont stand a chance heading for the hills with the family.
I do have a fall back BOL if all else fails.

I know every ones situation is different so im not knocking anyone who plans to bug out as they could be living in a possible hell hole if the SHTF.

The other reason i ask this question is that id love to have some like minded people on door step to join forces with now and in the future, I dont think the lone wolf attitude will work.
Were only human and we cant stay wake 24/7 doing everything on our own for ever.

Ok i have to admit that my own personal frustration.
I know for a fact that there is a prepper/survivalist that lives 5 miles away for where i live and he plans to bug out (nothing wrong with that)
But i have land and a house big enough for at least another 2-3 families to live in and i have a natural spring on my land and im putting in place other things like producing my own power, crops, seeds, chickens, iv just butchered my own pigs etc....etc
The guy in question has a 4x4 and little else to his name.
He plans to drag his family into the middle of no where with very few supplies with no exact area in mind as a BOL. Huh
Im sure he has his reasons and i will leave him to that.

But i would still love to have people locally to join forces with.
Staying put here matey. Got a 2.4167 year old - bugging out not really an option - unless it's dire straights.
Plan A, stay here, put kettle on and wait for things to blow over.

Plan B, Hide in basement, put kettle on,...

Plan C, Go to BOL with kettle,...

Plan D, Jump on boat, have cup of tea when get to Norway.
Out of interest BFG - What is local to you?
MC, if you look at his intro post it says "hello from the midlands"Big Grin
i don't own my house, i rent.

If all goes tits up, i'm either gonna be able to stay there, or i'm gonna be turfed out on my arse.

i gotta keep my options well and truly open.

depends on the nature of the crisis really.
(13 August 2013, 16:38)MCavity Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest BFG - What is local to you?

Within reasonable traveling distance.
So it would allow some regular contact with people.
So we could work on project and ideas in person.

No man is an island.
I way being vague regarding where i live for obvious reasons.
But stick a pin in a map on the M6 junction 3 and you could walk to mine.
I have a small family with ancient mum in a residential home just down the road. If SHTF, I have no option but to bug in and have geared up for that scenario. I have a plan B which I'm keeping to myself for now. Plan C is to bug out but that would be a real trial as the rest of the family are used to a cosy house and camping/"roughing it" is not in their job description! If I wasn't around, they'd perish within hours, get the picture?

I agree that in an ideal world, it would be great to join forces with others of like mind and support each other. The problem is, who do you know and trust? Most people don't or won't take prepping seriously and could be a serious liability. It's the reality that frightens me. People will do evil things to others when they are desperate and you could so easily leave yourself and your family wide open to a lot of hurt. I suspect that after 6 months to a year, survivors will naturally start grouping together to make their chances of survival better. You're quite right when you say that no man can be an island for long.

It's a problem fer sure!Confused
You must have some bug out plan..several options would be a good idea to have in place right now ! although I intend to bug in .....that could change within days or even hours, to give yourself options is what prepping is all about, nothing is set in stone, if you are forced into alternative plans....have a PLAN ready, then there is no shock ...you should know what to do next , and all members of your group will be looking to you for answers.
Staying put right here. That's the plan at the moment, although we are considering a move so you never know....
Pages: 1 2