Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Staples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think keep it basic is key we don't need to grow everything under the sun.

I was thinking along the lines of bush tucker.
Now dont get me wrong I havent tried much in the way of that kind of thing but, worms are full of protein, as are bugs and insects etc..
I think its an option worth looking at, maybe for an article?
(7 December 2011, 22:01)mikebratcher69 Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking along the lines of bush tucker.
Now dont get me wrong I havent tried much in the way of that kind of thing but, worms are full of protein, as are bugs and insects etc..
I think its an option worth looking at, maybe for an article?

Now you’re talking growing crops will give you plenty of bush tucker, I have yet to try insects myself and really hope it don't come to that, but is something worth learning more about for sure, slugs do look meaty it’s just a shame that they just happen to be slugs hehe.
I've had stir fried worms and worm omlette on an army survival course, along with rat, squirrel, pigeon and road kill cat, bloody awful
(7 December 2011, 22:42)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I've had stir fried worms and worm omlette on an army survival course, along with rat, squirrel, pigeon and road kill cat, bloody awful

My kids don't have a problem with it my eldest son will eat them big spiders I think maybe I might have trained them a little too much.

(yes spiders and posion and all that)

I am getting them a choc covered scorpion for a Xmas game we are going to play an eating competition winner gets a prize, these games are fun but also sneaky, get them in correct frame of mind. a win win.

Edit : SD to correct formatting
Apparently bugs are the untapped food source. Eaten quite a bit in the far east but just waiting to be eaten over here. It's on my list and I have done articles before. You can find them on my menu it'll be just above starvation, second from the bottom.
Pages: 1 2