Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Chat room?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok guys no point in falling out about it. It was just an idea like I said if we can't get on in a chat room or forum what chance do we have when the shtf.

SD can put a line under it now and it's done lets just get on with prepping for the big day and hope it never happens.
it's not about not getting the chat room up and running it's about making sure that information that could be handed out in a chat room is actually on the forum for many more to read and with any luck help them out too, not just the one or two in the chat room at the time

the forum is the starting place for meet like minded people and the RV's build on that by meeting them face to face. From this forum I have meet a few people and had a good time and started building relationships.
(15 August 2013, 17:14)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]I won't be setting up a chat room as part of the forum. However, I see a use as part of a local sub group. They need to talk among themselves.

.....any chance of saying more on those thoughts SD
Just set up a chat app on your computers and use that. Less likely to be monitored than having one on this site.
There's loads to pick from. We used to use ICQ when I was a kid.
HL,

I don't see a requirement for a chat room on here for the reasons I outlined above.

What I do see is a requirement for local groups, and individuals to communicate on local group or personal matters, setting up meets, personal transactions etc. So what I'm trying to facilitate is setting up comms so you can do that. I still don't see it being a chat room but it is an option. Work is still ongoing. I'll talk more when we meet next week.
Pages: 1 2