Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Just a question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My mrs is into these slim shakes/meal replacement shakes, what do people think of these as a 'in case of emergency' supply ? Hers you can make with water and are about 230cals per drink, I know they aren't great nutritionally but in an emergency situation I reckon they could keep you going till something else comes along
We keep some slimfast shake mixes for the wifey and some of the oat based diet porrage packets, we just add fruit, honey, cream, jams, yogurt etc to increase the calorific value in a crisis.
try bodybuilders shakes full of goodness just add milk or water
The critical intake is water so these will do for that. As far as food goes I doubt they would be much good but it is just my opinion.
These kind of items are designed to give you a boast, but not really good for anything else,... but the thing with food/drink preps is that some of your stores should also be things that give you a boast, a moral boaster, a pick me up,..something other than standard food, in time we will all crave something different
I suppose they are something if someone has nothing else, personally i'd eat one of my trail mix bars.
if there was an emergency i'd fall back on my food stores! wouldn't we all? or do we still have people amongst us who think storing food is silly?
I was thinking more along the lines of it being an addition to your stocks of food, so instead of having two or three meals a day, replace one with a shake so your supply lasts longer
(19 August 2013, 20:20)Bonnox Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking more along the lines of it being an addition to your stocks of food, so instead of having two or three meals a day, replace one with a shake so your supply lasts longer

In theory it sounds good, but if you are in an emergency setting the chances are that you will be working far harder than you think you might be, if you are not working you may still be in a very stressful situation, we might all be.

So skimping on meals/calories may not be a good idea,.. unless your stores are getting extremely short, and you really need to make sure that situation doesn't come about,... they would be more useful as something extra to your meals
IMO - not a good idea. You will need more calories not less in a stressful situation. Those high energy shakes/bars/gels used by sportsmen would be a better idea if you can't get your hands on real food.
Pages: 1 2