Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Look what i found growing in a local park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He was a seller on ebay.
He is not selling them at the moment?
There are others on there selling different strains but they are not as productive as these ones i have.
You plant them on the surface of the composst in a seed tray and they take about a month to germinate as long as you keep them moist and in the sunlight. Cling film will help them stay moist.
Then grow them on and plant them out in June and not before.
Slug will wipe them out overnight if you dont put something down to control them.
Im letting the biggest ones go to seed this year so if you want some seeds your welcome to some when there ready.
Each seed pod produces about a 1000 seeds. Not all of them will germinate.
I might stick a video up on YouTube of them and post that on here if thats ok? New on the forum so not sure of the rules about posting your own videos?
The ones i found in the park are about a quarter of the size due to the strain.

The beauty is tobacco stores for years.
In fact the long its kept the better it gets.
General curing can be done in about 2 weeks and then it can be smoked.
The curing process is the effort. Also, it depends on what strains you grow.

Personally, because I'm a capitalist pig (there you go Barney, I've come out the financial closet haha) I love cigars. The easiest cigars to make and not screw up are Havanah leaf, Conneticut Broadlead and Conneticut Shade. Havannah core, broadleaf outer, then shade binder. Brilliant.

They are VERY fast growing plants. Had loads in my room at uni.

Just a quick note, tobacco plants don't enjoy winter, and not all types of tobacco plant are smokeable. Well technically they are, but not all will have an enjoyable tobacco flavour.
frend of mine grew some tobacco plants but its the drying process where he lost most of his crop and he was left with virtually nothing. was a few years ago so maybe someones come up with a good way of harvesting them in the meantime?? not my cup of tea so I don't think i'll bother.
I found this site with links to show you how to grow and cure the tobacco if anyone wants to give it a try.
It's nicotiana. Nice plant - lovely flowers.
(19 August 2013, 10:13)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]frend of mine grew some tobacco plants but its the drying process where he lost most of his crop and he was left with virtually nothing. was a few years ago so maybe someones come up with a good way of harvesting them in the meantime?? not my cup of tea so I don't think i'll bother.

I presume you'd dry it out the same way you'd dry the other plant you can smoke. Leave it to hang in a nice DRY room for a few days
(19 August 2013, 21:38)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(19 August 2013, 10:13)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]frend of mine grew some tobacco plants but its the drying process where he lost most of his crop and he was left with virtually nothing. was a few years ago so maybe someones come up with a good way of harvesting them in the meantime?? not my cup of tea so I don't think i'll bother.

I presume you'd dry it out the same way you'd dry the other plant you can smoke. Leave it to hang in a nice DRY room for a few days

Always dry stuff with a bit of humidity, if you are making a natural product, that way, it does not crumble to dust. Dry it slower and dry it longer, let the curing process and the drying get to know it other.

Better taste amongst other things.
Pages: 1 2