Survival UK Forums

Full Version: MRE supply places
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(20 August 2013, 11:29)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]@mosskii88

don't suppose you could send the original link on eBay.

I know it's expired but it would be useful to know what to look for

ta

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-24-Hour-R...2ec9caa2ca

Those are a good price. I paid £6 each for mine
@BM

Thanks but thats £5 per item and she wants £20 postage.
No History as a seller, zero reputation and posted from a mobile.

Beware!
Indeed it is. I paid no attention to the seller, was just putting it up as £50 (or £70 including postage) is a brilliant price for the 24 hour ration packs. You will never find 40 of those for £20. Maybe you will find 40 POUCHES for 20, but they're just one meal, not 4000 calories...

I don't understand how someone's lack of selling anything on ebay means you shouldn't buy from them - everyone starts out somewhere and if it never arrives you get your money back from paypal.

But, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-Hour-Campin...25819eb22e

is the same thing, £2 more expensive, and 100% positive feedback Big Grin
i guess £70 total for 10 x 24 hour packs = £7 per day which is about half the price of other sources
but still not dirt cheap

Agree that what's important is the calorie count and 4000 cals at that price is pretty good.
(20 August 2013, 12:06)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]i guess £70 total for 10 x 24 hour packs = £7 per day which is about half the price of other sources
but still not dirt cheap

Agree that what's important is the calorie count and 4000 cals at that price is pretty good.

Yeah, they're not the cheapest option, but if you're out and about for a few days then they're brilliant. No need to rehydrate them, and they're all pre-cooked, so you can eat cold if you wish. One of those does me & the missus for a whole day (normal camping though, not lugging stuff everywhere)

They sell individually for about £10 a pack at the moment. Few months ago and they were £16 a pop on fleabay (PLUS postage!)
I was surprised to see them at this price.

I've not tried the US ones (they're cheaper, but less calories) but apparently they're not very tasty - although if you're bugging out that's not important I suppose.
I bought a box of 24hour MRE at the 2010 WG and was not very impressed with the contents.
(20 August 2013, 12:38)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I bought a box of 24hour MRE at the 2010 WG and was not very impressed with the contents.

You mean you didn't get the butler and concierge service included in yours?
You, sir, have been cheated! Big Grin

They're not supposed to be gourmet, just basic grub to keep the soldiers moving. The muesli certainly could do with improving!
I think I could probably get some civvy stuff right out of a supermarket that would be better than what I bought.
(20 August 2013, 13:49)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I think I could probably get some civvy stuff right out of a supermarket that would be better than what I bought.

Well if they're the 24 hour ration packs and you want rid of 'em I'll take them off your hands Big Grin
(20 August 2013, 13:50)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(20 August 2013, 13:49)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I think I could probably get some civvy stuff right out of a supermarket that would be better than what I bought.

Well if they're the 24 hour ration packs and you want rid of 'em I'll take them off your hands Big Grin

no, I only bought the one and I've incorporated the meals into my BOB, the rest I just discarded.
Pages: 1 2 3 4