Survival UK Forums

Full Version: great all rounder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whilst perusing crowbars i came across this beauty...the Stanley Fubar xl...great all roundtool / com battle hammer....thoughts guy's? there is a smaller handier one to....had thought about a repro battle hammer for fibua/defending the house but i think this may do double duty.[attachment=202]
looks quite good and Stanley too FUBAR love the name I take it you all know what that stands forBig Grin
Nice! Great multitool. Ideal for an off the shelf accessory!
I've heard completely mixed views on this.

Was looking at the Annihilator, but saw a couple of reviews where even that bust up to bits.

Only thing I can say....get one and review it for us.
It is one cast piece of steel - it should be good. (unless its from U know where)

maybe if it is actually cast rather than forged ... That could be a weakness in the head area.. Awaiting a serious review..
I had thought about a war hammer and a longer reach weapon maybe an asagai or a mini pike something along those lines as home defence pairing ... be quite formidable against somebody trying to force a passage in an enclosed space ie hallway / stairs / landing ....i figured it the stanley fubar xl might just fit the bill as a make do warhammer.
(4 September 2013, 23:48)Timelord Wrote: [ -> ]It is one cast piece of steel - it should be good. (unless its from U know where)

maybe if it is actually cast rather than forged ... That could be a weakness in the head area.. Awaiting a serious review..

Just did a quick web search and apparently the 55-099 model is forged, so in theory a very durable bit of kit.

Just ordered one.

Thanks for the heads up
I dont think the long version can be bought in the UK.
They are classed as a restricted item.
From what i remember they are only supplied to the emergency services etc.
If you want a bullet proof crowbar try and get a lorry tyre iron.

I looked into buying a robust crowbar like the fire brigade use and all of them are restricted items that are only for sale once your company has been vetted.

These restriction seem to go across the board with all manufactures and suppliers both in the UK and the USA.

Iv just done a search on ebay and found one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stanley-FatMax...4ac41ba92e
Its being sold in germany.
Plus its £100 more than a standard Fubar.
I own a lot of Stanley tools and they are a brand I will purchase without hesitation. They do not make crap and if a review was done that showed them defective I would suspect it was done by some fool paid by the competition.

If you can find only the smaller version of the fubar, get a section of water pipe to extend its leverage.

As a weapon I would expect this to be no better or worse than any other impact weapon.

The finish on the fubar is such that it would last longer as a grave marker after someone shoots you for going after them with it or using it to break into their site.
I guess if i can't buy one then it goes on my shopping list for after the fact...now which firestation is closest...lol
Pages: 1 2