Survival UK Forums

Full Version: A worrying tale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(9 September 2013, 09:58)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(9 September 2013, 09:45)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]When people get hungry they'll do whatever it takes, that's why it's vital to look just as hungry as everyone else.

I don't think that will be a problem Steve, most people will have a more physical lifestyle post shtf than they have now.

short term I agree with Steve look hungry and as much as possible keep your head down and out of sight if possible and hope you survive the chaos

longer term assuming you've survived the reduction in population that when you can use the stores to get you up and running in the more physical side of surviving.
I would say all our time will be taken up protecting what we have ...including our lives This is what I fear the most.
(9 September 2013, 09:39)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(9 September 2013, 09:37)Nix Wrote: [ -> ]It's precisely that sort of attitude mixed with gang mentality that scares the sh*t out of me!
its just BS! people like that wont last 5 minutes in the real world post SHTF.

I hate to say it, but I completely disagree. It's people with the "I will kill you and eat your stores, and then I'll eat you." attitude that will be some of the last few around. I believe it is those whom will be some of the last survivors around. As soon as they come up against a shotgun....they'll learn a lesson. They'll be quick to learn, and then recalculate, reassess, and re-attack.
(10 September 2013, 09:38)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(9 September 2013, 09:39)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(9 September 2013, 09:37)Nix Wrote: [ -> ]It's precisely that sort of attitude mixed with gang mentality that scares the sh*t out of me!
its just BS! people like that wont last 5 minutes in the real world post SHTF.

I hate to say it, but I completely disagree. It's people with the "I will kill you and eat your stores, and then I'll eat you." attitude that will be some of the last few around. I believe it is those whom will be some of the last survivors around. As soon as they come up against a shotgun....they'll learn a lesson. They'll be quick to learn, and then recalculate, reassess, and re-attack.

100% agree with you Scythe. This will be the type of non-pre prepped person who'd going to make it through the first die out and who will later try to integrate themselves into whatever society remains by claiming to have survived through their own prepping efforts.

Which is why they have to be taken down as soon as they come at you. They must not be allowed the luxury of getting off the hook, to learn from the lesson, and come back another day.
well, we all saw the "blackout" programme didn't we? anyone who still thinks they can survive in a post collapse in a place like Londonistan has their brains in their backside, I've said it before and i'll say it again, places like that will become "killing fields" just for a tin of corned beef or a bottle of water, too many people competing for diminishing resourses. I don't care how well you THINK you know your neighbours if it comes down to feeding their kids or feeding yours they will turn on you in an instant. and don't expect PLOD to come to your aid, they will be noticeable by their absence, probably guarding the local waterworks, or Tesco's warehouse out on the motorway.
(8 September 2013, 23:55)BFG Central Wrote: [ -> ]While generally chatting to a lad i know (27 years old) he mentioned he was talking to his mum about a zombie film she was watching and she asked him what he would do if something bad ever happened to the world.
The conversation went away from fictional zombies and turned to real life survival.
He told me the if the SHTF (his words) he would find his mental mates and go straight out and take what ever they could from people better off than him and if that meant doing it by force so be it.

Another comment from him was.

"No one ever did me any favours so why shouldnt i take what ever i want from others who have things i want or need?...... F**k um, I will make sure im all right"

It made me think more about what will really happen when the SHTF????

As he was talking my heart was in my mouth and i felt sick.

That's fine. A little bit of disinformation could well see him and his friends up against a far superior force. Then they're no more trouble to anyone...
Wink
Then again you could have some dummy supplies suitably poisoned with antifreeze or some such stuff, one raid for the "easy" items and they wont be back.... ever.....
(9 September 2013, 09:28)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if eBay or Amazon carries body bags?

Try these

http://www.barbermedical.com/emergency-s...elets.html
(10 September 2013, 19:51)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]
(9 September 2013, 09:28)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if eBay or Amazon carries body bags?

Try these

http://www.barbermedical.com/emergency-s...elets.html

The problem with forums (Or is it "forui??")
is that you cant see a picture of me in my first post
with a tongue sticking through my cheek Smile

In terms of people approaching the house --- if its someone I know from the village, they can wait at the gate for further instruction.

Anyone else gets told to go away verbally. In any doubt, shoot and answer questions later
Pages: 1 2