Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Lone Wolf syndrome.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
seeing as how we've had the discussion about groups vs loners I thought the following might be interesting to some, I borrowed it from SB, written by a guy from Alaska back in 2009. The SOLITARY lone wolf(prepper): never interacts with others,makes no attempt to contact/trade/interact with other humans, perpetual loner with no interest in people/reproduction/family etc. The PRAGMATIC lone wolf: loner type that while not maintaining ties with other people and living on their own may occasionally interact for trade/goods, they don't form alliance and do their best to not get noticed and stay out of trouble. The lone PACK: a small family unit that acts independently of outsiders,keeping only to their family members, providing for themselves with no outside assistance or interaction. The ANTI-SOCIAL: someone who interacts with others, may form up in a group to get what they want or for common defence, but prefers to spend time alone, only working with others when absolutely necessary.
Sounds good to me BP .....with my lone group.
well SS, I think I am a mixture of the first one and the lone pack. OH definitely thinks I am a RECLUSE.
You can not transpose the Alaskan experience with any situation you will ever encounter in the UK.

Different climate, different geography, different mindset, different laws regarding preps and a population of 1.25 people psm in the present non-shtf time frame.

And the fact that those "Lone Wolves" have one of the highest suicide rates anywhere in the world. Their desire for total isolation is only an indicator of other more serious problems.

Most of them wind up as shreds of fabric in a pile of bear poop.
it had nothing to do with Alaska it was only written by a guy from Alaska and was written I think in general terms. and while, I agree, some loners do have a personality or mental problems, some of us just want to be alone, we enjoy our "own" company, I was brought up as an "ONLY" child so being alone has no fears for me.
A link to the site or article would be a huge help.

Without a clear reference the OP is simply the presentation of an open trolling thread intended to stir up conflict.
Well I understood where your coming from.

I cant see it causing anymore conflict than any other post on here...

I'm sure as a section of people we loners have our share of mental health issues but they dont seem any worse than the groups roaming around Syria raping and murdering kids...

I think as it stands I've always been a loner, shunning human contact most of the time.
Then I had a family, traumatic for a loner to have a family I must say.

Nice as well dont get me wrong I love and adore them and would do anything for them, but having to "adapt" to tribal life if you will has had its ups and downs.

I find it difficult to interact with other humans, preferring animals primarily because animals just behave without any agenda.

Well apart from the dogs trying to nick biscuits when your backs turned and the same for cats with your bacon butty...

Humans ALWAYS seem to be up to something with a hidden agenda.

Its rare nowadays you meet another fully trustworthy person that'll keep their word if they say they'll do something for you or be there when your backs against the wall.

Humans, nasty vindictive creatures with a smattering of good ones between them.

I'd rather rely on my own and my family to an extent for any shtf situation but that's just me, I can take or leave, preferably leave people, I like talking to like minded folks, that's why I come on here, but how many do you meet near you or of the same mindset on your daily travels?
Not many...

B.P.'s my brother from another mother as they say and he's welcome in my little tribe anytime.
It seems most people on here are loners with there family. I have to say its just me an the girldfriend
(13 September 2013, 21:09)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I understood where your coming from.

I cant see it causing anymore conflict than any other post on here...

I'm sure as a section of people we loners have our share of mental health issues but they dont seem any worse than the groups roaming around Syria raping and murdering kids...

I think as it stands I've always been a loner, shunning human contact most of the time.
Then I had a family, traumatic for a loner to have a family I must say.

Nice as well dont get me wrong I love and adore them and would do anything for them, but having to "adapt" to tribal life if you will has had its ups and downs.

I find it difficult to interact with other humans, preferring animals primarily because animals just behave without any agenda.

Well apart from the dogs trying to nick biscuits when your backs turned and the same for cats with your bacon butty...

Humans ALWAYS seem to be up to something with a hidden agenda.

Its rare nowadays you meet another fully trustworthy person that'll keep their word if they say they'll do something for you or be there when your backs against the wall.

Humans, nasty vindictive creatures with a smattering of good ones between them.

I'd rather rely on my own and my family to an extent for any shtf situation but that's just me, I can take or leave, preferably leave people, I like talking to like minded folks, that's why I come on here, but how many do you meet near you or of the same mindset on your daily travels?
Not many...

B.P.'s my brother from another mother as they say and he's welcome in my little tribe anytime.

thank you for that P1, I think we must have been twins in a former life!Big Grin anyone who wants to read the original piece can find it on SurvivalistBoards under the title(you've guessed it) LONE WOLF SYNDROME.Tongue
I definitely have this syndrome in me, I love it when I'm on my own getting on with what I've got to do without outside interference. I love peace and quiet. I think we've all got a bit of it in ourselves it's just a matter of "to what degree". Do I trust people generally? Absolutely NOT. Have I ever met someone and felt I could trust them? Yes, but it's rare. Sad, isn't it?

The concept of how our present society runs doesn't help one iota, one of the reasons we are on a path to self destruction. We have a system that runs on corruption, money, greed and ego which are very negative vibrations. I, and I'm sure many others, would love to live in a society where the emphasis is more positive but you'd have to take out large faceless corporations, the banking system and Government for starters! In that sort of society I think the lone wolf syndrome would shrink a bit.
Pages: 1 2