Survival UK Forums

Full Version: looting post SHTF.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if they cant be enforced, do they still apply? no point in making laws that cant be enforced, may look good on paper but they aren't worth the paper they are written on. take the hand held mobile whilst driving thing, how many people do you see doing it-I see loads, its illegal but people still do it, and how many do they actually book? not many cos they haven't got enough Plods to do it.
I don't know about you lot but I prep so that amongst other things I won't have to take part in the risky business of looting. Ordinary people who are currently law abiding will be driven to it, it won't just be the same old hoody brigade wearing their trousers around their knees. I believe those that sail close to the wind now and feel confident in their ability in a post event world to steal and bully in order to get what they want will have a tremendous shock in store for them when those they currently think of as a push over will be doing the same with no holds barred.

I won't be looting, too risky. Let them fight over baked beans, candles and a few packets of screws! Staying intact is more valuable to me in the early stages of TU!

BoB
to start looting along with everyone else as soon as TU is asking for trouble, stay home, batten down the hatches and stay quiet. what I was referring to was Scavenging long after the fact, when the population has been decimated and there are few survivors to hassle us. forget places like supermarkets as the shelves will be long empty, i'm thinking more about industrial estates, sawmills and fencing places and hardware type places for things like nails, screws, paint, timber, fencing wire etc etc.
I agree BT Scaveging is not stealing as in looting. I also agree with RS that looting is theft, but I'm not concerned about the moral high ground come TU scenario.

Mostly post event a lot of useful stuff can be scavenged when people leave / die off etc as many people will possess stuff that could potential help them in a TU scenario now but they most likely will not think or know how to use these items for their own benefit whilst waiting for 'someone to do something' to save them.

BoB
(16 September 2013, 09:57)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: [ -> ]Mostly post event a lot of useful stuff can be scavenged when people leave / die off etc

exactly, for once I agree with you Big Grin
Ha! Ha! Law of averages I guess! ... Don't get too used to it will you!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin ( this is a friendly joke Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin )
(16 September 2013, 10:05)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: [ -> ]Ha! Ha! Law of averages I guess! ... Don't get too used to it will you!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin ( this is a friendly joke Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin )

bound to happen sometime !Angel
Pages: 1 2