Survival UK Forums

Full Version: just a question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Post society collapse how long before the nuclear powe stations explode or start to leak. I am no expert but without proper maintaince I assume it would be quite soon. Within 6 months? How many of the thousands of nuclear power stations would need to blow up to wipe out all humans. I am all for prepping for a couple of monthd but after that what's the point?
(15 September 2013, 23:33)rburnsrich Wrote: [ -> ]Post society collapse how long before the nuclear powe stations explode or start to leak. I am no expert but without proper maintaince I assume it would be quite soon. Within 6 months? How many of the thousands of nuclear power stations would need to blow up to wipe out all humans. I am all for prepping for a couple of monthd but after that what's the point?

Most would just go into auto shutdown.

If they didn't they would just meltdown, rather than blow up.

They we would all be at risk of radiation poisoningConfused

Interesting question Smile

WaylanderCool
But the one in Japan is taking a army of engineers and a billion dollars to try and maintain. Want about the hundreds of reactors in india ir russia? It seems to me that post society collapse the chances of stopping 100s of cherybols is very slim. What would the world look like if it did happy? If world governments and society fail so do we.
Than why have the 3 reactors that have failed already, not gone critical Huh

Why are Nagasaki and Hiroshima thriving cities, within 1 generation of going extremely criticalHuh

It will be messy, but the human species us very adaptable.

WaylanderCool
your best bet is not to live near one-just in case.
Dont worry about what you cant change.
If you want to look how well the site at chernobyl doing have a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud33w26qsWQ

Were animals just the same.

Adapt overcome survive

Or what I should have said is
"Adapt Overcome Survive Thrive".
Tried to post a long reply twice and it got lost. So maybe try again later
I think as long as your not downwind of one your worries are minimal.

The only thing you have to worry about is the idiot that beaks into the power station that thinks he can get it going again for the electricity to be back on and fucks it up and sends it critical....

Theres always some knobhead somewhere that'd try it...

By the way if your about to post and the "new post" thing flashes, click show post before you post otherwise it'll get lost.
(16 September 2013, 09:50)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]I think as long as your not downwind of one your worries are minimal.

The only thing you have to worry about is the idiot that beaks into the power station that thinks he can get it going again for the electricity to be back on and fucks it up and sends it critical....

Theres always some knobhead somewhere that'd try it...

I always thought these things went into "shutdown" mode almost automatically? anyway the only one anywhere near us is at Hinckley point and that the other side of Exmoor and then some, and the prevailing wind is AWAY from here TOWARDS Somerset so not too concerned.
Yep it s all fine till somebody gets in and tries to save the world and be a hero and turn it on again...
Pages: 1 2