Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Criminal Justice Act 1988
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Criminal Justice Act 1988

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/33/section/139

Articles with blades or points and offensive weaponsSection 139

139 Offence of having article with blade or point in public place.E+W.(1)Subject to subsections (4) and (5) below, any person who has an article to which this section applies with him in a public place shall be guilty of an offence. .

(2)Subject to subsection (3) below, this section applies to any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except a folding pocketknife. .

(3)This section applies to a folding pocketknife if the cutting edge of its blade exceeds 3 inches. .

(4)It shall be a defence for a person charged with an offence under this section to prove that he had good reason or lawful authority for having the article with him in a public place. .

(5)Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (4) above, it shall be a defence for a person charged with an offence under this section to prove that he had the article with him— .

(a)for use at work; .
(b)for religious reasons; or .
©as part of any national costume. .
(6)A person guilty of an offence under subsection (1) above shall be liable- .

[F1(a)on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or both; .

(b)on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding [F2four] years, or a fine, or both.] .

(7)In this section “public place” includes any place to which at the material time the public have or are permitted access, whether on payment or otherwise. .

(8)This section shall not have effect in relation to anything done before it comes into force.

So what do you all think?
Usually nanny state stuff. My folding blade is less than that.

I've found that everything restricted gets stricter. Soon it will be if the blade escaads 3 cm moving on to 3 mm. Wankers.
In a town public place I carry a 2 inch blade, out in the countryside I can any sized blade I like because i use it as a tool not as a weapon.
We need to create the church of the fundamentalist christian which requires us to carry a knife that symbolises the sharing of the bread, or something religous like.
The thought did cross my mind how many people does it take for a religion to become legal or have grounds.

My interest in the Boker XS is the spring I have read it is so tight that it is almost on par to lock knife, I have decided to make a brand new EDC for 2012 and so far I have a few items on order I want a EDC that is useful and not just gear put in it for the sake or because everyone else did it.

Might make a thread and see if can get help with this.
I've suggested before we should start our own religion. We could worship at the altar of Heckler and Koch. Seriously though there are many benefits. For one it is rare for white males to be in a persecuted group and this is our chance.