Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Loft Development for Prepping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2 October 2013, 20:54)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2 October 2013, 17:24)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]I have only just realised that from this hatch I can attach and adjust all manner of radio antennas onto the chimney stack....and I can do so under the cover of darkness.

Would an antenna work running the length of your roof horizontally?

Yes, it certainly would, but remember two things, first of all dont attach the antenna to either wall, isolate it with rope or similar.

Secondly, the biggest problem is causing interference to your neighbors telly or phone,.. you maybe lucky and not cause any,.. but its probably unlikely
(2 October 2013, 21:09)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it certainly would, but remember two things, first of all dont attach the antenna to either wall, isolate it with rope or similar.

Secondly, the biggest problem is causing interference to your neighbors telly or phone,.. you maybe lucky and not cause any,.. but its probably unlikely

What about if it wasn't turned on? Just up in place, storage I guess...for those without a license who just want to store an antenna.
(2 October 2013, 22:08)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2 October 2013, 21:09)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it certainly would, but remember two things, first of all dont attach the antenna to either wall, isolate it with rope or similar.

What about if it wasn't turned on? Just up in place, storage I guess...for those without a license who just want to store an antenna.

Thats ok,... you will only cause interference if you transmit, no interference will be cause when the set is off,..or you are receiving, so you could listen without a problem to anyone
Pages: 1 2