Survival UK Forums

Full Version: if it was up to you ....?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Nothing wrong in knowing how to sew. It's an extremely useful skill, and not just from the point of clothing either. Think of being able to properly sew up canvas; stitch wounds; mend nets. The list goes on and on.

As for quilting, Scythe, by all means have a look on UTube, but you'll need a bit more practical hands-on experience. All of our beds at home have homemade patchwork quilts (made from old curtains - waste not and all that), and they are extremely warm and very durable. I guess I just do not belong to the throwaway society.
(6 October 2013, 14:38)MaryN Wrote: [ -> ]As for quilting, Scythe, by all means have a look on UTube, but you'll need a bit more practical hands-on experience. All of our beds at home have homemade patchwork quilts (made from old curtains - waste not and all that), and they are extremely warm and very durable. I guess I just do not belong to the throwaway society.

I can make patchwork stuff. Just the quilting I'm uncertain of.
(4 October 2013, 12:21)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(4 October 2013, 10:30)Tibbs735 Wrote: [ -> ]I value SUK because it's one of the only British prepping sites, and it's the best I've found so far.

there are other sites, I believe we were both on another site togetherBig Grin

Which other site was that? It's slipped my mind
just found out the music thread gone , any idea why
Pages: 1 2 3 4