Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Name your Stengths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay mary down my place right now! There is 1acre of ground to clear ,ready for pigs and goats, there is room for ten preppers in my drum room ....fully insulated with gas cooker , hell I,ll even connect up the spare rayburn......bring pig and goat lol.
My ability to learn very quickly.

Also I have an amazing wife who supports me, and is a stunning shot...damn her!!!
(6 October 2013, 19:26)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Okay mary down my place right now! There is 1acre of ground to clear ,ready for pigs and goats, there is room for ten preppers in my drum room ....fully insulated with gas cooker , hell I,ll even connect up the spare rayburn......bring pig and goat lol.

O.K., S, packing up now. Is there room for 3 horses, 4 cats, one bonkers collie, 7 chickens and us??
I hold a Master Blacksmith rating. Can build axes, knives, swords, tools, implements as needed as well as hinges, nails...

I was a machinist for a time, so I am also capable of precision metal work.

I owned my own gunshop and gunsmithing service for 20 years. Gave it up when the legal system became too intrusive. I can repair most anything that shoots, cast bullets, reload ammo, make gunpowder, build guns from scratch.

I can build a house from the foundation up, including wiring and plumbing, on grid or off grid. Have done that 3 times with only one assistant.

I have built cabins from scratch on several historic sites. Built a whole fort alongside some buds.

I can sew you up clothes from head to toe, rework old garb to fit.

I am a fair hand at leather work and have tanned and processed raw hides to leather many times.

I have the garden and the chickens in the back yard, what that proves is up for speculation.

Had 2 years service as a company commander in a combat infantry unit, during a jungle war. 6 months of that was behind the lines with no support or supply (during that operation I did not take a single casualty). Was recalled twice in the '80s.

I can give your kids/grandkids an education in all subject areas from Kindergarten to college level. That might come in handy if we wish to avoid another dark ages scenario.

I also come with a large and well trained extended family: three kick butt DIL types, three sons all military trained in combat units with 5 tours in Iraq/Kuwait total between them. Also 6 grandchildren, from 15n years to 10 months, and a couple of good dogs.

Does 40 years accumulated prepper gear, the retreat and the food stores count as a strength?

If we are keeping score;

Do I loose points for being 5,000 miles away from you, with an ocean between us,

or is that actually a strength?
Kudos to you for that lot, MB. You're in!
(6 October 2013, 14:34)MaryN Wrote: [ -> ]Just to follow on from SD's Required Skills post, what do you think are your major strengths? No false modesty here, please, what do you feel you excel in?

Why do you want to know?
(6 October 2013, 19:56)Timelord Wrote: [ -> ]
(6 October 2013, 14:34)MaryN Wrote: [ -> ]Just to follow on from SD's Required Skills post, what do you think are your major strengths? No false modesty here, please, what do you feel you excel in?

Why do you want to know?

Curiousity - but it's not compulsory to reply.
Ok, thanks for the reply. TL
MB,When you coming over here to show us how to set up our workshops?
My biggest strength is engineering, maintenance, repairs, modifications, bodging to get out of a jam and the like.

a secondary strength of mine is organisation, seeing the big picture and breaking it down into individual tasks, and organising my team to carry out the job as efficiently as possible.

it's basically what i've been doing for the last 16 years
Pages: 1 2 3