Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What BOB do you own?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Evening guys, What's the 3 most important EDC objects you carry on you everyday?

I carry a maxpedition fatty organiser with a few bits in, what about you guys?

Also What BOB do you have have? I have a maxpedition falcon 2
folding knife, mobile phone, key chain, glasses(can be used to start a fire using the sun), bandana, wallet-cards and cash, other bits and pieces in the car. BOB is an Alice frame pack.
Top 3 used EDC: Phone, cash (or card), car keys.
Top 3 potential EDC: Knife, torch, flint.
I have the slimmer Fatboy as well, but the wife tidied up, and it's vanished...at the moment.

My BOB is really small, Osprey...can't think what make. I'll have to check this out later for you.

BOB is Quaser model of Osprey bag.
EDC, lighter, knife, wallet
Keys, Swiss Army Knife, cash and a torch.
I don't have an EDC set out. If it is a gym day i will use a moab 10 with gym clothing in and my usual addition of Ipod Phone (built in torch) and cash. I am rarely far from home enough to need a get home kit either

(11 October 2013, 09:01)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]folding knife, mobile phone, key chain, glasses(can be used to start a fire using the sun), bandana, wallet-cards and cash, other bits and pieces in the car. BOB is an Alice frame pack.

Have you tried using your glasses as a fire starter?
(11 October 2013, 17:18)SecretPrepper Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have an EDC set out. If it is a gym day i will use a moab 10 with gym clothing in and my usual addition of Ipod Phone (built in torch) and cash. I am rarely far from home enough to need a get home kit either

(11 October 2013, 09:01)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]folding knife, mobile phone, key chain, glasses(can be used to start a fire using the sun), bandana, wallet-cards and cash, other bits and pieces in the car. BOB is an Alice frame pack.

Have you tried using your glasses as a fire starter?

yes, its an old schoolboy trick!!Big Grin

it is possible to do the same thing with a magnifying glass.
ive just got a nice nike backpack Smile looks very inconspicuous Big Grin
I have 3 BOBs generally ready to go, the first is a small compact get home roll which I made myself, which goes in my normal bag for gym which is more of a GHB, A car emergency/travel BOB which is a Molle knockoff and blue so it looks more like a regular bag for when visiting family away and a full set 75L full pack which is tigerstripe camo (just to annoy my Birdwatching mates) and tent set which is used for my field studies and birdwatching, but they all contain similar stuff just in varying sizes and amounts, but they all contain First Aid kit (as you never know when someone will need help), MR bars, Multi tool, Glass punch, Knife and fire starting kit and poncho.

Although when traveling in on motorways I do tend to also take my full Rugby first aid kit which is very well stocked as it has come in very handy twice when I've been able to give life saving first aid to multiple people in 2 separate pile up events in the last 5 years saving at least 4 lives
(12 October 2013, 01:52)The Ragman Wrote: [ -> ]Although when traveling in on motorways I do tend to also take my full Rugby first aid kit which is very well stocked as it has come in very handy twice when I've been able to give life saving first aid to multiple people in 2 separate pile up events in the last 5 years saving at least 4 lives

I'm just about to start a new thread on a car first aid kit. I'd be interested in knowing what is in this one.
Pages: 1 2