Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Calm in the storm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
By that time it wouldn't matter anyway,.... but personally I dont think I would react too badly, for a start off there would be no-one here to see me, plus the fact that we would
all have been watching the build up to the event, so it wouldn't be a surprise,..not many events will happen without some sort of warning
(14 October 2013, 17:18)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]It would depend totally on the situation. Over here we face various situations and have some pretty specific public service instructions as long as the electric is working and the television/radio is operating. After those go down it is reversion to vehicles with loudspeakers patrolling the neighborhoods with announcements blaring.

Forced evacuation, voluntary evacuation, shelter in place, dusk to dawn curview, total lockdown or martial law.

I have experienced all and have seen TPTB use them with varying degrees of success.

However, I can not visualize a time when fake panic would be of any benefit. One loses the respect of all around them while running in circles with their arms in the air squealing like a little girl.

Is that the English version of opsec?

It would be very difficult indeed to convince anyone that they needed to listen and follow an instruction from the person they had just seen in meltdown mode.

Even kids in kindergarten are taught that when the fire bell rings they are not to panic. And the last thing you want is a small one looking at you and being afraid to ask what they should do next, because they just saw you in dufus mode.

Who said anything about meltdown? just up and at em there's work to be done.
(14 October 2013, 09:25)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Really weird one, coming from me that means this is odd.

When everything hits, and you're faced with the storm we all expect is coming. Do you think people will be freaked out by your calm demeanour, and tranquil behaviour?

If the world collapsed all around, and say we were watching it around a friend's house. When I get up and get a glass of water, completely calm, as if it was non-event, and everyone else is stuck glued to the TV, I think my behaviour would probably unnerve a lot of people.

What do you think about it? Would it be better to act a bit panicked to begin with, and then after that put your plan into place?
Interesting thoughts. No I don't think most people will. It's like the people who gather round accidents or fires or crash scenes - they will only be interested in that and to be gossip to others with them about it - people who they would never talk to ordinarily, and will probably never again unless another scene like that happened.
(14 October 2013, 23:39)LawAbidingCitizen Wrote: [ -> ]
(14 October 2013, 09:25)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Really weird one, coming from me that means this is odd.

When everything hits, and you're faced with the storm we all expect is coming. Do you think people will be freaked out by your calm demeanour, and tranquil behaviour?

If the world collapsed all around, and say we were watching it around a friend's house. When I get up and get a glass of water, completely calm, as if it was non-event, and everyone else is stuck glued to the TV, I think my behaviour would probably unnerve a lot of people.

What do you think about it? Would it be better to act a bit panicked to begin with, and then after that put your plan into place?
Interesting thoughts. No I don't think most people will. It's like the people who gather round accidents or fires or crash scenes - they will only be interested in that and to be gossip to others with them about it - people who they would never talk to ordinarily, and will probably never again unless another scene like that happened.

That's a very good point mate. Everyone panicking at the site of the crash wouldn't be interested in the guy walking calmly away.
I personally don't plan on allowing anyone to get close enough to me to see if I'm panicked or not, except for "Panic Sex Lady" maybe, but she's on another board...
I don't get panicked, i'll just turn around and calmly walk away whilst everyone else is tearing their hair out!!Tongue
Pages: 1 2