Survival UK Forums

Full Version: how would you get around(navigate) once TSHTF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Country lanes ,mountain drovers roads, rivers ,all plenifull why I live, but so will so many others I fear. Its not going to be easy by any stretch. Also I have loads of maps and good knowledge of my locality
I will only be traveling very short distances, and the places I will need to go will best be got there by walking, I will need to travel the hills, they are the best way to `view` the area, and I am fairly certain that I know them well enough to move at night if I have to and are careful,... I think that travel my motor will be a last resort for me, the only exception, [ after a suitable time ] would possibly be by quad bike
i try to walk everyday,during the summer months around the local flood plains, but as of yesterday iv started to use the local back lanes.
why , mud lots of it if you had to get around during winter time useing tracks public foot paths you would up to your ankles in mud , add a pack to that ....Huh
(17 October 2013, 01:37)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]i try to walk everyday,during the summer months around the local flood plains, but as of yesterday iv started to use the local back lanes.
why , mud lots of it if you had to get around during winter time useing tracks public foot paths you would up to your ankles in mud , add a pack to that ....Huh

Cold enough winter, the ground would freeze, so that wouldn't be too bad. It's autumn, early winter, and spring, that are the 'muddy seasons'.
(16 October 2013, 14:17)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a fair point. I think we'd all agree that people have less than 3 days worth of food, on average, in their homes.

Not me. I have never known of ANYONE who needs to go food shopping every 3 days. I think you're getting mixed up with 3 days worth of food on the shelves in stores.

navigation should be relatively straight forward.

You're hardly likely to go for an epic wander after TSHTF. You'll know exactly where you're heading, and how to get there.

Even if you're miles from home, on a business trip or something, in an unfamiliar place, you would have checked google earth / os maps etc and have x amount of routes back from your location to your home/bol etc. This only takes a few minutes.

Doesn't really matter where I find myself, I always know how I can get home in a number of different ways - cause I've already planned it.
(17 October 2013, 12:41)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Not me. I have never known of ANYONE who needs to go food shopping every 3 days. I think you're getting mixed up with 3 days worth of food on the shelves in stores.

maybe not where you and I live BM, but in cities people are never that far from a supermarket so less is kept in the home.
(17 October 2013, 13:14)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(17 October 2013, 12:41)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Not me. I have never known of ANYONE who needs to go food shopping every 3 days. I think you're getting mixed up with 3 days worth of food on the shelves in stores.

maybe not where you and I live BM, but in cities people are never that far from a supermarket so less is kept in the home.

I've lived in quite a few different cities over the years too buddy, I don't think it matters how close you live to a supermarket, I've still never met anyone who needs to go and buy food every 3 days!
(17 October 2013, 13:31)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(17 October 2013, 13:14)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

I've lived in quite a few different cities over the years too buddy, I don't think it matters how close you live to a supermarket, I've still never met anyone who needs to go and buy food every 3 days!

I see them every day here after "the school run" in the local Co-oP- always the same people!Big Grin
i thought that the dart park co op was turning into a sainsburys.....Tongue
I think we're getting a bit off thread Folks!Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4