Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Treehouse Masters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just watching treehouse masters. My question how would you stand with planning etc I this country to build a nice sized one?
in general, unless you live in the middle of nowhere, its not allowed as it probably overlooks other peoples property and there are privacy issues.
Shame this guy build some sweet one on here
I saw some on telly a while back, built without planning permission and overlooking other property, they were forced to take them down.
I know you can build temporary structures and these must fit that catagory without PP but they must not exceed a certain size which these sound like they do by quite a margin.
I am fairly certain that you would be ok,.. as SD has said there is little problems with creating a temporary building

Remember the guy who built his cabin in the woods then moved it to the beach,.. it was temporary, so there was no restrictions,... you may find that you have to be `X` meters from a road, or not restricting your neighbors views etc
There was a case recently about a treehouse that some guy made for his kid and it had to be taken down because it didn't have planning permission. I think it was because the eves stood at over 2.5 meters height from the floor. Being 5 meters up a tree could do that haha.
If I was going to do a covert building like a treehouse I would build underground. I used to be really interested in treehouses but now underground houses just make more sense to me.
Building underground has several issues associated with it. Treehouses though canbe quickly erected and, as you see, can be very comfortable.
I just think the tree houses look nice and don't really fancy living in a hole in the ground. At the end of the day if we ever had a really bad shtf situation I would look at taking over a farm or even the empty prison 5 miles from my house. Unless you own enough land to build an underground place and I'm guessing there are not many millionaires on this forum your better forming a group and just fortify some thing abandoned or offering protection to the people owning the property
Pages: 1 2