Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Emergency Snow Shovel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ASDA are selling a nice foldable snow shovel for £5. It has a spike attachment for taking out the harder chunks as well.

It comes in a nice case and although not a solid tool for every day use it certainly will fir the bill for an emergency. I have an identical one I bought off eBay a few years ago for £8 and that one worked fine for those snowy days when you needed to move some snow.
I noticed last time we were in Tesco's they had the same thing just inside the foyer. I've got an old metal shovel I've used for years, but I suppose one of these plastic ones are ok if you've got nothing else, does what it says on the tin!!Big Grin
This is a foldable metal one rather than plastic. comes in three bits, the head with the shovel and a spike a handle and a bit to make the handle and head far enough apart to make it useful.
sorry, my mistake, didn't realise it was metalBlush
Not your fault. I could have said and it would have been clearer.
I bought a folding shovel in an auction last year, looks a bit like a civilian entrenching tool....it was listed as a spade, I don't think anyone realised what it was, I got it for a fiver!!
Its 7 pm sat ......I,m off up to get 2 now ! Cheep as chips Cheers SD

Not in stock yet
If you pool all your resources together (money) you could get the same one from Alibaba.com for a £1.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/103324...hovel.html

Just beg the guy for some samples lol. Thats all I do. I then say. No this is no good. I need better quality but thanks anyway.
If you want something just as light but a good deal stronger then look at the Black Diamond snow shovels. I carry a Deploy 7 in the car throughout the winter and take it with me when hiking in the snow. I know what most of you are going to say, it's nearly £50 quid!!, but you really do get what you pay for. Who wants to be stuck in a snowdrift with a shovel blade in one hand and the handle in the other? Don't take chances with snow, it could be your last chance.
"its nearly 50 quid" but see your point.
Pages: 1 2