Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Advanced face scanners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:The retailer will introduce the OptimEyes screen, developed by Lord Sugar's Amscreen, to all 450 of its UK petrol stations, in a five-year deal, according to The Grocer magazine.

Don't worry - this is made by Amstrad - it'll never work!

I can see it now, hundreds of people at tesco filling stations.....

[Image: 350px-Anonymous_at_Scientology_in_Los_Angeles.jpg]
(5 November 2013, 10:17)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that the scan captures your image, that image can be tallied to your transaction ( very accurately if the transaction is electronic) and in that case the image capturer can now correlate your image with your identity, and your purchasing habits. Then we're into police type ANR type processes to track people. Not good, and an infringement on personal liberty I feel.

Yes I agree - for this reason I don't do supermarket cards particularly Nectar Card - which you can earn points from everything from Ebay purchases, petrol, shopping etc. But while it may all seem innocent enough its all about "tracking and profiling" as BDG rightly says. As much as possible I try to pay cash. I dislike everytime I use my debit card that everything is listed on my bank statement. So once the core bills come out via D/D Utility, TV Licence etc - I take a lump sum out and pay cash for as much as I can.
Pages: 1 2