Survival UK Forums

Full Version: 5 Food Storage Items That Will Last Longer Than Any Apocalypse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I also mark up the items I store with the date that it was bought, in black marker, makes for quicker identification of which is the oldest and first to use, especially if I send the kids out to the store to get something, I can generally tell at a glance if they have just grabbed the first tin of what ever I want that they come to or not. Smile
A few years back we opened a tinned fruit cake that was over 40 years old and it was as good as new. I would love to know if you can still buy tinned cakes. Does anyone know of a source? Also you used to be able to buy butter in tubes. Has anyone seen that anywhere these days?
Another thing that stores well long term - good wine. I have a few bottles of home made orange wine stashed away that was bottled in 1974. We treat ourselves to a bottle once every few years for special occasions.
conserva de.....do tinned cakes...I've tried one from a trial pack...was lovely...can't say the same about the rye bread thogh.
Have you bought from them Mo? I had a quick look at their website but not sure if they have retailers in the uk.
(6 March 2015, 16:51)Dorset Lad Wrote: [ -> ]A few years back we opened a tinned fruit cake that was over 40 years old and it was as good as new. I would love to know if you can still buy tinned cakes. Does anyone know of a source? Also you used to be able to buy butter in tubes. Has anyone seen that anywhere these days?
Another thing that stores well long term - good wine. I have a few bottles of home made orange wine stashed away that was bottled in 1974. We treat ourselves to a bottle once every few years for special occasions.

Do these count?

[Image: 360002.jpg?v=1?1425659815290 =1425659815290]

[Image: 71q5zKaVdPL._SX425SX425_SY344_CR,0,0,425..._SH20_.jpg]

These are available in most supermarkets.
I have had a closer look and see they have an address in Kent but assume that it is not a retail premises. If they are mail/online order only the postage is going to be expensive for weighy tinned stuff.

They certainly do count (especially with custard) but you can't beat a fruit cake for comfort food and an energy boost.
got some powdered milk from lidl , had it some time got it when it was in date ,three years out of date now ,gone through too tins now no problems
I've bought a few times from conserva de.... 15 euro flat rate delivery charge , usually arrives with ups parcelervice although I did have a 60 kilo + delivery that was couriered...been happy dealing with them.
Have you bought from them Mo? I had a quick look at their website but not sure if they have retailers in the uk.
Yes they have a uk franchise/office in Kent , have bought a few bits from them with no problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 4