Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Spud prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can I enquire how much you lot are paying for spuds, around here Maris pipers and king eds are costing £2 a 7 KG bag
Maris pipers potatoes £1.74 2.5kg
(21 December 2011, 11:28)WetandCold Wrote: [ -> ]Maris pipers potatoes £1.74 2.5kg

Bugger me chips must be a luxury food down your way !!!
I take it you don't get yours from supermarket? I gave you the 3 main supermarket price.
(21 December 2011, 11:56)WetandCold Wrote: [ -> ]I take it you don't get yours from supermarket? I gave you the 3 main supermarket price.

I cant afford supermarket veg or meat, its farmers market on a sunday morning or the butchers shop attached to the butchers yard.
Not been able to afford extortionate super market prices for years.

Even stuff like laundry liquid, fabric conditioner, floor cleaner, bum wipes, tooth paste, cosmetics etc we have to bulk buy when on offer at places like Makro or do without.

We are using the herbalist toothpaste we bought at the WG in august at the moment. We could use supermarkets for convenience, in fact we do at times but again only on offers like special offers on Heinz beans, 5 kg tubs or rice, 5 litre bottles of cooking oil etc. But overall we cant afford the prices.
Its the same tale for me personally at least, when the factory shopping outlet neart Sunderland has Kiwi cargo pants on offer for about £18 a pair instead of £40 plus I'll buy 6 pairs and they have to last at least 2 years. Same goes with Polos from Matalan, buy em 5 at a time when they are on offer.
I bulk buy from cost co and makro as well.

Farmers markets near me are a good 3 times dearer then supermarkets.
I heard a whisper that some folks set up businesses then bulk buy for about 6 families using trade asccounts then cos itsd a firm they reclaim the VAT, dunno if its just BS though being told.
we dont buy supermarket meat as they dont hang the beef(at all) and all the meat is bone and gristle, we buy from farm shops the meat is better quality and has been hung properly and the prices arent bad, i can get half a goat for around £40, half a hoggit/mutton sheep for £55-£60, i could have bought half a pig for £1 a LB the other week but didnt have enough room in the freezer, even buying joints or steaks at the farm shops isnt expensive as they have to keep their prices reasonable to get the customers, people in my part of Devon arent rich!!
£6.00 a bag 56lb straight off the farm can have a full sheep £90.00 so going to stock up also freezer full off rabbits deer pidgeon and anything else i can eat

b/d
(21 December 2011, 17:20)bowdrill Wrote: [ -> ]I can have a full sheep £90.00
b/d

Flippin heck i would want a woman for £90, but whatever turns you on Confused
Pages: 1 2