Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Do you trust the state to save you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you trust the state to save you in a major disaster?
OK ask yourself this, if we had a prolonged winter storm lasting weeks like the one wrecking Scotland and Eastern England today but going on for a long period of time, say a prolonged winter storm, ice sleet, rain floods etc, HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THE STATE COULD LOOK AFTER YOU FOR?
When considering this remember that whilst they having lavished billions on protecting the most useless piece of real estate in the UK (London). The rest of the country saw its coastal defence budget cut, sea defence building cut, the civil defence organisation scrapped etc.
As an example thousands of people in Middlesbrough are left in the dark in rising flood water as 10,000 homes, shops and transport hubs got flooded and lost power. This is compounded by the fact that EVERY major road in the Tees delta is currently closed due to flooding and crashed and at 20.45 hrs todays commuters are STILL trying to get home. Many are now running low on fuel
Consider BOSTON in Lincs this evening as a good example of government disaster prep, tonight they evacuated hundreds of people into a sports / community centres as the risk to their homes and safety grew alarmingly. When they got all these refugees into this centre they suddenly found that the very building they had chosen as a shelter was now facing being cut off and flooded, so now they are scrambling to re –evacuate those refugees to an army camp further inland.
I humbly ask you to consider or reconsider the amount of your precious time, money and resources you invest in prepping.
(5 December 2013, 21:54)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I humbly ask you to consider or reconsider the amount of your precious time, money and resources you invest in prepping.

You're preaching to the converted here, we already know it's down to us to prepare.

As for the Govt looking after us, forget it, old people freeze to death every winter even in "normal" times.
not a hope look after myself thanks

bd
I wouldn't trust them to look after a pet stone
it would be nice but i won't hold my breath.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhYJS80MgYA

Don't want government help, don't need it and don't expect it.

Beside, I can't afford any government help, it's price is always blood and freedom.
the South West of England has always been out on a limb as far as resources are concerned, very much the end of the supply chain, the motorway systems ENDS at Exeter although you wouldn't think so from some of the comments by summer tourists!Big Grin the Government thinks the country ends at Bristol most of the time. in any major event the West Country will be left to get on with it as best we can...and anyone who has lived here for any amount of time knows that!!
(6 December 2013, 10:28)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]the South West of England has always been out on a limb as far as resources are concerned, very much the end of the supply chain, the motorway systems ENDS at Exeter although you wouldn't think so from some of the comments by summer tourists!Big Grin the Government thinks the country ends at Bristol most of the time. in any major event the West Country will be left to get on with it as best we can...and anyone who has lived here for any amount of time knows that!!

Try living up here, if you come out of London on the A1M or M1 it is four lanes wide in places, by the time it reaches Northumberland its down to a single lane enroute to Edinburgh
there is NO motorway from Londonistan to the SW of England but you wouldn't know it the way some people drive! get to the Blackdowns and your into a 50MPH single lane bottleneck, talk of a flyover has been rife for years but it hasn't happened so far. that's probably why all the Supermarket "distribution centre's" are located on the M5.
Only ones I trust to save me are family and one friend I've been lucky to have for 15 years. I know when the chips are down I can count on these people, and they know i'll be there for them without excuses.
Pages: 1 2