Survival UK Forums

Full Version: How far to evacuate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good info from NR.

The rule of thumb only applied to biological and chemical attacks, and the distance required would suitably mean a dilution of the danger 'agent' in the air. But I'm happy to use the rule of thumb as a basic system to go on. There's no harm going further.
The evacuation model I planned for was based on hurricane storm surge, flooding and high winds over a large area. The same evac plan was used as a planning standard to get outside the Moderate Damage Radius after a nudet.

As a family we exercised the plan several times for storms, although its origin was during the Cuban missile crisis, when Dad was a government scientist at Ft. Belvoir. I dusted it off again after 9/11/01 and relocated out here permanently after I retired. Getting as far outside the Beltway as possible, has always been the plan.
with our huge population and limited land mass i look enviously at all the guy's in the far north and the west to a lesser extent.... i'm of down into north wales if it goes off but theres still about 80,000 souls to compete with in my new parish....it's an improvement on the 500,000 on the wirral but still far to many for my liking.
(15 December 2013, 20:17)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]with our huge population and limited land mass i look enviously at all the guy's in the far north and the west to a lesser extent.... i'm of down into north wales if it goes off but theres still about 80,000 souls to compete with in my new parish....it's an improvement on the 500,000 on the wirral but still far to many for my liking.

at least your thinking about it and making plans! there are plenty of sheeple out there who will wait for "the govt to save us!"Big Grin
As far as necessary.
talk about stating the bleeding obvious!!Tongue
Pages: 1 2