Survival UK Forums

Full Version: More about electronic comms (rant)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We really cannot rely on electronic comms, not only for their delicacy and vulnerability to disruption from weather, cable thieves, power failures etc (and misunderstanding caused by bad grammar or poor choice of words) but as SD found out we can also be vulnerable to POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
EG 1 SD's problems with his server and ISP misery for hundreds and chaos for a week.

But on a personal basis I lost my primary E mail address for over ten days this month ( BT) AND it appears bloody vodaphone has a problem or had a problem with text messages. MRs NR says its Orange and 3 affected as well as Vodaphone.

I've just got 4 texts sent BEFORE Christmas that have just arrived. one was telling me of my aunts death but fortunately another relative had phoned us, but the 3rd text was about an RV with two other preppers coming in from out of area, one from the south and one from Scotland, and I get the messages TODAY !!!! weeks after the event!!!!. Imagine if it had been some important prepper RV that I had missed??

We must treat our electronic comms systems with scepticism or we are likely to loose out when reliable comms are paramount.
Good point. That is why for important things I usually call as well as text or email. I tell the kids to make sure they speak to us about important stuff, a text or email doesn't cut it.

Nobody seems to care in the UK. Lack of competition makes them lazy.