Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Complete Gear Shake Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, it's time for a little fun.

Over the next 6 months I'm going to be replacing and renewing much of my gear. What I don't like/want/understand I will be putting on ebay. However, I will also be buying loads of new gear too.

I'll be pumping out a load of reviews for outdoors gear, companies I've dealt with, and the alike. So, the next few months will be VERY REVIEW HEAVY from the S13 side.

If there is any gear you have that you want tested, or items you think I should try out, I'll see what I can do.

Much of the stuff will be based around camping and the alike. But the obvious use for Bugging Out should be apparent.

Where I have got stuff from a store, I'll post links, but I have a lot of stuff direct from manufacturers, so in those instances I'll post a link to a UK store that provides the item.

No suggestions like Cyanide tablets (NR's suggestion for me to try out haha).

So, if there's anything you're looking to get or want tested, please let me know.
Since nobody seems to be requesting any certain gear reviews, I'll just focus on items of my gear that I'm looking to lighten.

Next trip will be a small trip but I'll use it as a major gear test. Granted a real test will be longer term usage. But initially, I'll be able to provide a good 'First opinion' review.
First Opinion reviews can be misleading when an item might not live up to expectations a bit further down the line for your particular application. The info you have about your existing gear that you "don't like/want/understand" and why this is....? may be positively useful as a guide to people.
Completely agree mate. That's why I said it'll only be first opinions.

I'm going to start writing up reviews on gear I have at the moment, but I'll also do a first impression review of the newer gear. But I'll be saying it's only First Impressions. Like I said earlier, the real test is for longer term usage.

The forum does need more reviews, and as SD always says "If you want to see more of something on the forum, why don't you start putting it up there?" So that's what I'm going to be doing?