Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Chile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Snippet, they had another quake today, 7.8 on the Richter scale but what got my attention was the Chilean Presidents comments that she was so pleased that many hundreds of thousands of Chileans kept " Earthquake escape" bags ( BOB's)
what the hell do you put in an "earthquake" BOB?? length of rope to tie you off to something??Big Grin
Food, clothing, torch, FAK I guess we don't get that many quakes in County Durham to worry about Smile
I mentioned this on one of the other threads, but here again - after the volume of floods and catastrophic bush fires has noticeably risen in recent years, the Australian govt is now actively encouraging people to have an "emergency bag", "evacuation plan" and "safe place"...ie. a BOB, BOL and secure route to it, just under a more respectable/politically correct name. They are also apparently trying to teach people that when the SHTF the cavalry won't necessarily be riding to their rescue.

Compare that with where I live in China, where TPTB basically tell everyone not to worry about anything, cos the communist party will come to their rescue. Consequently, everyone here thinks I'm a nutter, and I've seen many comments online that people who are preppers should be locked up, cos they "are obviously planning bad things (eg. terror attacks)".