Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Not feline good
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Woke up to a nice sunny day, all is good in my garden with plants coming along nicely. When I got round to my Peas I was greeted by dug up seedlings and footprints along my nicely tilled beds, along with a disgusting pile of smelly Cat shitAngry looks like I'll be doing the night shift for a day or two.
i put stone chips on my front garden several years ago,all the local moggies use it as a big litter tray , i clear it off every week or so but the buggers berry it so i always tread in the stuff.
i often find myself standing in front of the rat poison in b.q but cant seem to go through with it.
Yes this is a problem I have, even with 2 dogs that really really hate cats, they still come in and do their business when the coast is clear!!

I've tried those ultrasonic things and that didn't work.

Next thing I was going to try was fishing line strewn out tightly about 6" above the top of the fence, in the hope that when they jump up the fence it catches them and makes them fall back - it that doesn't work, I'll try an electric fence LOL!!

I also have the problem on the front lawn, where they just do it wherever they want - disgusting animals!
supersoaker propped up at the kitchen door and both the kids were tasked with guard duty being 5&7 at the time they loved there new job and did it with relish....we achieved a cat free garden within a few short weeks.
Have you thought of using a sonic repellant? I'm not sure how that would effect the dogs though.

Also, you could opt for one of those water soaker things that uses movement to trigger.
The only "sonic repellant" I need weighs 500 grains and travels 210FPSAngel
(28 April 2014, 15:24)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]The only "sonic repellant" I need weighs 500 grains and travels 210FPSAngel

There is always the option of an air rifle with a gong near by. A little plinking is always good fun. Just be careful of bouncing shots.
cats taste nice I have heard ,just a thoughtSmile
well naturally an air rifle is an option or possibly a slingshot. but if you dont nessisarily want to kill the creatures you could always try paintball (you can pick up basic paintball guns really cheap) alternatively you could just buy a bag of paint and use a sling shot with that too Smile plus if you dont want to leave any obvious paint you can buy clear balls from some stores Wink
The peas I have lost will be replaced as it is still early in the season, I just don't like the idea of Cats infecting my soil with all sorts of parasites etc, and finding shit on your Peas is nasty.
Pages: 1 2