Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Quite barracks on heightened security
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had to pop to a barracks last night never been before made the inevitable wrong turn ended up round back close to perimeter very interesting that we were met my a welcoming committee rather sharpish.

Eventually back on track and made to main gates and here is what I don't get if it's just a normal camp in uk secluded away in depths of Northumberland then why did they have the multiple launch rocket system located at main gates ? If just for show surely it wouldn't be pointing upwards at angle?

Also a lot of jet activity not unusual but at 10pm rare
very noisy helicopter going very low over the roof tops about 10ish last night, could have been something to do with the "Ten Tors" which is this weekend.
Further research shows it's a holding area / rest point for nuclear warheads etc heading north hence the top security
(7 May 2014, 14:42)Shaysdad99 Wrote: [ -> ]Further research shows it's a holding area / rest point for nuclear warheads etc heading north hence the top security

A location that would be worth observing to see what 'cargos' were coming back and forth.
or a good place to stay clear of (just in case).
A took wrong turn and was welcomed very quickly out of nowhere by a committee don't think you could get anywhere close to observe
I should think not.
Heightened security Aldershot to