Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Inflatable Canoe - Now at Lidl's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yeah, I went for my 12 metre badge at school, only trouble was it was straight DOWN!! if it hadn't been for a couple of the lifesaving class I wouldn't have made my 13th birthday....these days the only water I go in is the shower!!
Mate, swimming could potentially be really important post SHTF. Truth is, I love swimming, have my PADI Advanced, and love getting out when I can and enjoying a little ocean goodness, as well as the usual 2 litres of sea water swallowed and enjoyed haha.

You might enjoy swimming if you could learn a simple method? Have you thought about Total Emersion Swimming?
at my age mate I just stay out of the water !!Big GrinBig Grin
ive been considering one of these inflatable cannoes, could be especially usefull since i live near a river Big Grin
They didn't have any at my local store!!

What a dope!!

They are not due in till the 22nd!!

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-333D68...d=297&ar=6
they are due in my local store this Thursday the 24th...try again then Devonian.
(16 May 2014, 14:19)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]You might enjoy swimming if you could learn a simple method? Have you thought about Total Emersion Swimming?

Total immersion swimming??

Isn't that the layman's term for drowning?

As for the inflatable kayak, I would recommend a 10" section of 2" PVC pipe duct taped down the keel to keep it from folding in the middle, which these cheap inflatables are prone to do.

I have an inflatable and find I live in terror of puncturing it on every use. It is a true nightmare in shallow streams and rivers with submerged hazards.

I much prefer my ridged cat.
Pages: 1 2