Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Office Preps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had a weird thought.

My office is in the middle on nowhere. Good food lines in the area, water source, and the alike.

Then I got thinking about keeping some stored food here, and water purifiers, and that kind of thing.

What's your view. Worth it, or just a little weird. It's a hell of a distance from where we live, but the route here is pretty simple to navigate.

I'm thinking an awesome BOL, out in the middle of nowhere.

What kind of preps would you keep in the office?
How is the security?

Is it broken into individual offices or cubicle space?

Do you have private storage areas, lockers, secure parking?

Are you subject to search or scanning?

Aside from being "in the middle of nowhere" what resources are available in the area?

How much area is available for cultivation and can you keep enough supplies on location to last until a crop comes in, or is it just a daydream?
Lots of arable land around, like I said earlier good food lines (wild food, and woodlands) and water sources.

Security is great. CCTV, high walls, clear views pretty much all round....

If not for a few other buildings, it would be close to a prepper's paradise.
When I was working in the Washington, DC area post 9/11, my plan was to hole up at work until the smoke cleared, rather than trying to drive home 75 miles, amongst the "unprepared in denial". I kept MREs, bottled water, a change of clothes, blanket and BOB in my locker, more gear in my work truck. When activated for storm damage assessment, we worked 12 hours on, 12 off. There was not time to commute home, so I would on a cot at our equipment depot or incident command post until the next operational period. For events lasting longer than 48 hours, we'd usually be sent to a motel for a decent meal, shower, laundromat and a real bed after the second night.