Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Come on, admit it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Maybe it won't save you, but whats wrong with having a big shiny knife if you want one?
(13 June 2014, 14:08)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it won't save you, but whats wrong with having a big shiny knife if you want one?

hear, hear!!!
I'd love one but I'd lose it, that's why I have a huge selection of cheapish ones scattered in pockets and bags everywhere....you're best knife is alway's the one you have to hand......reckon I have at least a dozen hats and knives stuffed in coat pockets,glove boxes and bag's.
I'm a man, therefore I like shiny butch knives, powertools, cameras etc. etc. However, when my ass is on the line, maybe I'm cold, hungry and not performing at anywhere near 100%, I need a knife that I have used so much it is almost part of my hand. A Morakniv in carbon or the stainless version is a knife you can carry, use and re-sharpen regularly.

If you don't have a use for it outside then use it in the kitchen, but use it and get used to it. Like any tool, the more you use it the better you get with it.

My ultimate knife would actually be the blade from a Global kitchen knife with a non-slip handle, those Globals really take and hold an edge. In fact, alongside the Moras, I'd be very tempted to take a Global with some rubber tape around the handle.
i use moras have done for years
well i must say im shocked, nobodys admited it.....Rolleyes
To be fair...If you live in a city, you'd have to bug out. So having a big shiney knife is better than no knife at all.

Having said that, any item is only as useful as the person's skill with it, i.e. if you have zero experience with a knife, obviously a knife won't help you.

With all that in mind...granted a community, a secluded retreat, stocked up, with a high level of skills and an abundance of natural resources, would be very helpful indeed. But not everyone has access or can afford this kind of thing.

As a result, some people may well be forced to bug out. Albeit a last ditch option for them. I think to plan that eventuality would be wise. Not to do so would be foolhardy.

The trick is to plan for all eventualities and possibilities, just in case.
(15 June 2014, 00:18)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]well i must say im shocked, nobodys admited it.....Rolleyes

What are we admitting too?
(20 June 2014, 04:34)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]
(15 June 2014, 00:18)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]well i must say im shocked, nobodys admited it.....Rolleyes
What are we admitting too?

Ignorance and stupidity? Super powers? Shooting JFK? Being Ironman?
having to admit forums have probably had their day maybe?Sad
Pages: 1 2 3