Survival UK Forums

Full Version: 00111001
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Afternoon all!

I've come here to set up a new home!

Been into prepping etc for what feels like ages now - I'm just outside Basingstoke, hidden away above a farm shop.

There's me, the missus and the little fat man. Oh, and the furry feline.

Look forward to getting stuck in - and not getting kicked out! Big Grin
I used to live in Old Basing, pre 2000. Damn it's a small world!!!

It looks like we have a good new home here Binary Ninja (your new name)
Hi Guys, welcome.
Hello and welcome from sunny Manchester...Big Grin
Hello and welcome from Scotland. Hope you find what you require in the site. Good luck. I was in Basingstoke a number of times many years ago. The last time was in 1959 when I walked from Portsmouth to Edinburgh. I would have to look at the map to trace my route. However, I do remember going through Basingstoke and Hannington and I think on to Wantage. Correct me if I am wrong. Kenneth Eames.
(6 January 2012, 03:13)Kenneth Eames Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and welcome from Scotland. Hope you find what you require in the site. Good luck. I was in Basingstoke a number of times many years ago. The last time was in 1959 when I walked from Portsmouth to Edinburgh. I would have to look at the map to trace my route. However, I do remember going through Basingstoke and Hannington and I think on to Wantage. Correct me if I am wrong. Kenneth Eames.

Hi - that's a fair old trek you undertook!

I've only been here the last 6 months to be honest - don't really know the area that well. I know Wantage isn't too far though.

I'm originally from Peterborough - it's a bit nicer down here though (as long as you stay away from Basingstoke itself!)
Basingstoke Eh? You wont have any excuse not to go to the Wilderness Gathering in August then Smile
I know the area of Basingstoke and Old Basing really well (lived there 8 years). There's a little stream that runs through Old Basing. If you follow that stream down towards the Lime Pits, you'll find a beautiful pub. If you follow the treat up, under the train bridge, to a small bridge that has a road going over it, on the other side you'll find an awesome little woods! If you trek around there, you'll possibly find a hut that I built when I was 13. I doubt it is still there, but if you do decide to pop over, tell me if you find it.