Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Ebola confirmed in the US!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
http://news.sky.com/story/1345131/first-...-in-the-us

So the big question now is just how many people has this guy been in contact with both on the plane; through Dallas Airport and anywhere else he may been since arriving in the US.............
So apparently he arrived in the US on the 20th September but has only been diagnosed today, so he's been circulating with his family and how many others in the states for the last 10 days!

That sounds like mission impossible with regards to tracking everyone he has been in contact with. So are we going to start seeing further cases during the next week or so.....
Was it a direct flight or like so many from Africa did it stage through London ?
(1 October 2014, 08:27)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Was it a direct flight or like so many from Africa did it stage through London ?

Not sure, no details given about the flight.

But........ it appears that he took himself to the ER at the weekend because he was ill, they gave him some meds and sent him home again! What total incompetence. Just think how many people he would have had contact with during that trip to the ER. Others in the waiting room, the doctor/nurses etc, People in the street, potentially people on buses/trains etc..... Plus what about the days before.....

Not to mention are any of his relatives now infected and who have they contacted....
Well...this was only a matter of time in coming...I expected it earlier tbh !
I'm really surprised it hasn't made it here officially....it will spread like crazy ...apparently he went via Brussels.... The CDC are keeping playing g things close to their chests....watch this space prepped brothers and sisters....you can come into close contact with hundreds of people in ten friggin days...wtf...
We talked about this in a meeting today as it's on our risk register and they asked about people coming from Africa. I said 'And the US'. No just Africa comes the response. So the US variant is okey dokey. Glad I was on VOIP. Smile
This is definitely rather alarming! What I do not understand is, with all the media attention on ebola, how this person (a) managed to get infected - could he not perhaps read? Liberia was awash with advertising warnings about how ebola was caught and what not to do (perhaps he was a bat fancier); b) how he got out of a country that I thought was in lockdown for outgoing flights, and c) why his name does not appear to have been released in the US. I am assuming that this is so the population local to him and his family do not panic, but surely they have a right to know that some plonker has put them at risk. None of this makes any sense.
First, this is not an "American strain", it was brought here from west Africa just like all the other cases.

Over here there is almost a total news blackout of meaningful details and only the standard "talking head" retinue of "do not panic all is under control"

You folks had details on this before I did!

One of the hospital staff has now leaked that there is a second confirmed case associated with the Duncan case and there are 18 people closely connected to him that have definitely been exposed to the active virus.

The fact that an ER doctor would be told that a patient, stating that he had just returned from Nigeria with early Ebola symptoms, would be treated for flu and sent home is a outside the realm of sanity!

I am sure the hospital staff is ready to lynch him/her due to the lack of warning when his test specimens hit the hospital lab! The lab would have had very specific protocols for handling that situation and now there is no way to know how many of the lab staff were exposed, how the biohazard waste was processed.....

That area is going into panic mode with parents holding their children out of school since 5 of the 18 exposed persons were school aged children who have been going from the infected home to school each day.

On a personal level, I have everything I need to shelter in place for an unlimited time, and have hazmat gear if I am required to leave the house if things spread here. I can reduce my contact with other humans to zero for 3-6 weeks, as long as this stuff does not go airborne.

Anyone ever read The Stand?
Apparently he changed flights not only in Brussels but also in Washington Dulles International

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Eric..._to_Dallas
cheers MB pal could you please keep us in the loop
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8