Survival UK Forums

Full Version: bug out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question I was asked tonight by the misses , she was watching the news and just came out with it are we can we should we bug out if this ebola hits our shores
now my misses tolerated my strange ways shall we say even helps me but got to admit last thing I expected to just come out of the blue like that
so been going through a few scenarios shall we say bug out lock down etc
stocking up on more water sanitation etc
so much easier with two heads working together

bd
if it came to it I think we would lock down bow...but its great she is waking up to what's all around us, bit like my oh, thing is being around people like us it rubs off and enables them to see truth and opens their minds, well done bow, getting there son
bugging out may put someone into contact with others, in a Ebola outbreak that's the last thing they need, total lockdown for us and sit tight.
Agree with you both but would like to put a bit of distance between me and rest of civilisation
Any way back ups to back ups got to keep them options open
Sadly there are circumstances where you cannot do anything to save yourself. You need to work out your options because bugging in may be better but if your next door neighbour gets it then bugging out and camping in the woods may suddenly be a better option.
unless you are in touching distance(or sneezing distance) of your neighbour you cant catch it, it has to be spread by "bodily fluids" that's sneezing, coughing, sweating, blood and semen.
or you could make your nieghbour ware a poly bag around their head .....and good n tight....but make sure they are standing inside a bin linner and inside the wheely bin ....full or bleach off course.
My otherhalf thinks that my interest in 'survival' and all its implications means that I am paranoid and wants nothing to do with it. So we have had to come to a compromise and this means that, in my opinion, we are not as fully equipped to deal with things as I would like.
As far as bugging out is concerned I think that this would be a move of last resort due to our own personal domestic situation.
With regard to infectious diseases the choice would I feel be quite simple - some form of lock down and controlled access. Looking at the news on t.v. last night reminded me of a local situation where we had a foot and mouth outbreak and quite a few places had a chemical splash for vehicles going in and out and anyone on foot had to walk through a trough of something unpleasant to try and slow down the spread. It seemed to be effective and the outbreak was contained.
Having said all that we do live in a countryside location, by choice, and solutions seem to be more 'simple' than elsewhere where large populations are concerned. I do have to agree that two heads are better than one - maybe time and events will tell in that regard.