Survival UK Forums

Full Version: WHAT WOULD YOU DO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was shopping in Aldi,s today,waiting at the checkout a few were talking about the big rollover on the euro lottery, usual shit stuff .....look after familay ....holidays....cars...holidays , normal shit I think.....my mind drifted of , What would I do any different..answer....everything ! Prepper heaven for SS but before I tell you mine show me yours first.......just in case I can add something to mine later .
my own island ... 10 acres would do it west coast of Scotland preferably but the shetlands would do just aswell ... would learn to fly rotaries....purpose built farmstead...de salination plant ...hydro/geo thermal heating ... all manner of new technologies ... I could go on and on.

Build a quay/wharf/mini dock....selection of craft and a helo to get me there in double time.
hidden bunker
Tear down the shack and rebuild from the ground up in exactly the same spot.

Then build another place just like it in Arizona for winter use.

Buy an airplane to fly the 2500 miles between the two.
I'd move closer to my kids or bring them closer to me.
2/3 bed detached cottage or farmhouse North/North East of here, with its own spring/well and lots of outbuildings, "Rural, Remote, Isolated" no near neighbours-preferably no neighbours for a couple of miles, off a very minor non classified back road not on a road to anywhere, good soil, some usable land with a couple of acres of woodland.
Well up to now ....is about parr, being preppers its what you would expect , all posts thus far mirror what I would do, Barney sticks out a bit.....a soon as I buy that up high and out the way estate ,Underground bunker first job with the latest filtration system for f..king everything ,fully stocked , old tractors , old landrovers, diggers with all ancilleries,seed, cattle sheep pigs goats horses hens ducks you name it, workshop fully fitted out .....WHY machines old you may ask ....I could keep them running something simple like me , fuel you shout....I would make my own , BP wrote back a bit something like going back to a simple way of life cause it could turn out to end up that way , I agree with this view but otherss within my group would need time to learn how, however I could employ people with the skills I lack to work the plan, seems MB is set with his location which is great....I will comet over and we could build it together..english oak off course MB as for flying....whilst taking off .....hold left rudder.....the instructors have no sense of humar when you veer towards the tower.....did sort that the second time though and the instructor even kept his colour,he did mention I was interesting to be around....fu.king flattery I spect.
Biggest problem for me with having the perfect bug in is getting there should you need to....I love peace tranquillity and solitude but I wouldn't want to feel trapped/tyed to the place for fear of being caught short hence the helicopter.
1. move to here http://www.tait-peterson.co.uk/property/..._unst.html
2. build big shed next to it for lab/workshop.
3. get a nice weatherproof greenhouse to grow things in.
4. be very very happy there
Well if we are talking a Euro lottery jackpot, I reckon something like this to start with:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-...67899.html

Followed by plenty of additional money spent securing both the outer boundaries and a further inner walled area.

I'd also look at installing a well; Solar and wind energy, a walled kitchen garden, and of course the underground bunker. Probably look to construct some additional building and a cottage or two for friends/family.

And then there would still be plenty of cash left....... so maybe do the same thing in Wales/Scotland....... to give options...
Pages: 1 2