Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Mysterious Drones Flying over French Nuclear power Stations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2...r-stations

OK, the French have spotted them, but it makes you wonder if IS where flying them over our stations for reconnaissance, whether our authorities would even know??
The French better look out for unusual sales of Toyota pickup trucks and black dress numbers.
"The French better look out for unusual sales of Toyota pickup trucks and black dress numbers."

Young Farmers Autumn Ball ? Smile
How shit are the Nuclear security services in France....I feel pretty sure there UK opposite numbers would have fared much better if dealing with such incursions
(1 November 2014, 15:20)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]How shit are the Nuclear security services in France....I feel pretty sure there UK opposite numbers would have fared much better if dealing with such incursions

But who operates/runs most of our Nuclear plants Confused
Good point Dev.
used to be BNFL dunno what there calling themselves now....there is a separate independent police force charged with the security of sites and materiel in transit...well trained and well equipped...have a friend who is a serving officer.... the sites are fairly secluded so I think somebody doing an overfly with a drone would have gotten his/her collar felt in the UK especially with the heightened state of alert the country is currently at.
I know the new on at Hinckley Point is EDF.
(1 November 2014, 17:51)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I know the new on at Hinckley Point is EDF.

Yep, plus another 14 nuclear reactors around the UK, and they are heavily involved in the new batch of planned power stations.

(1 November 2014, 17:47)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]used to be BNFL dunno what there calling themselves now

As BP says EDF or Électricité de France

http://www.edfenergy.com/energyfuture/ed...lear-sites
well it wont be state owned anymore as the govt puts everything out to the private sector and they don't seem to care what country that private sector is in, pretty bloody dumb if you ask me, that way you've got no control over any of your own countries infrastructure it all belongs to the shareholders.
Pages: 1 2