Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Opinions please, A new air rifle or a new compound bow or a flat bow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Opinions please, A new air rifle or a new compound bow or a flat bow ?

I would like advice, opinion and shared wisdom please (even Barney Smile ).

To begin with I have NO intention of applying for a Fire Arms Licence, I have explained my reasons on many occasions, I have no objection or criticism of other preppers who do want or have got FACs, but I do not want one, period.

So living in the UK do I go for another Air Rifle (I have a good springer) or do I go for another Bow?

I’m thinking about getting another BSA Tactical multi shot 22 SE Ultra or Scorpion PCP and having it tweaked and tuned at the Uk legal of 12 ft pound (until TSHTFJ )

http://bsaguns.co.uk/air-rifles/pcp-airg...ra-SE.aspx

Or do I follow my other options and try and find a basic but reliable COMPOUND bow rated at around 35 pounds draw that must be under 3ft axle to axle (plus a bow press and spare string set)

Or do I try and find a modern short simple Hungarian or Flat bow under 4ft long and rated around 35 pounds draw for its simplicity.

All are compromises I accept as a fact and I would like feedback and suggestions from the community especially on compound bows.

(I’ve already discounted crossbows again)
I'd go with the bow,not the compound but the recurve....am going to have a go with bow's in the new year.
I really recommend you do a cheap Archery intro course first if your not familiar with archery, quite a few of us have done em including myself, spandex and few others its amazing what you learn and how quick your kit requirements change.
I'm already covered....my shooting club has an archery section and a piece of woodland for a range....looking forward to it!.....Saturday's(not gonna see much of her indoors , tue/fri shooting and sat archery)
What is the main reason for the purchase:

- Hunting (now or after SHTF)
- Recreational
- Defence (after SHTF)
I have all three , the bow is a re curve ,its easy to put together and faster to reload 35 pound draw , the crossbow easy to put together skeleton stock made from resin light weight 50 pound draw 16 inc bolt ....slow to load...by hand ...i take the view one shot longer range , the air rifle .22 tele,s silencer CO2 for wabbits and small game , all of which are lower cost items TBH....... but do it for me. I am no expert in any of these items but they ALL kill.
I THINK YOU SHOULD BUY LOTS OF FLOWERS ,AND GIVE THEM OUT TO YOUR FELLOW MAN ,MAN Smile
Barney what you meant to say was

I think you should get someone else to buy lots of flowers using their money to buy lots of flowers Smile
AS LONG AS SOME ONE GETS BLOODY FLOWERS I DONT MIND Smile
Awe Barney.... she forgot your anniversary again didn't she Smile
Pages: 1 2