Survival UK Forums

Full Version: IF the SHTF what would the govt provide?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
TH I don't think I can disagree with your spot on point of view
Midmo Sadly the Uk government got rid of just about all of our civil defence reserves in 1991 after the Cold War ended, no more green goddesses, no more Austin Champs, No more alloy flat bottom boats, no more loads of water bowsers, ladders, blankets, field kitchens, building equipment, pumps, generators etc. EG the huge great pumps used in Somerset last year had to be borrowed from Holland because we don't have any left.
(3 December 2014, 12:41)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]I fear the only thing TPTB will give us in any serious event will be black uniforms, tear gas, pepper spray, kettling, "this is an illegal gathering clear the area", "papers please", and all the other implements of control a failing system enforces on its people. I look to Historical precedents as confirmation that ultimately the only thing TPTB have is violence to bend you to their will. They will do anything to preserve their power and position, including shooting you dead in the streets if they have to. Remember the Peterloo massacre, Tolpuddle martyrs, Peasants revolt?, nothing changes.

So true, just like we have right now with the Tories 'only now' threatening to pull out of Europe (even though they don't want to) purely because that's the only chance they have of clinging onto power after the next General Election.
That is likely to be the clearest possible threat to us, The complete political ruling classes of all parties are getting rather desperate to retain their positions in society lording it over us, They are likely to try and apply ever more draconian laws and restrictions on the population to try and stay in power.
draconian laws are one thing but "shooting you dead on the street"?? this aint the middle ages NR, you know as well as I do that they haven't got the numbers to subdue 64 million people.
They don't need to subdue 64 million they should need to round up, inter, imprison, tag, or shoot many ring leaders and community leaders. I don't think about large sale civil unrest for generations has involved trying to control everyone.

Grab the leaders and agitators and most vocal
Control the power supplies and water supplies
Turn off the phones and interweb
Control the food supplies
Stop the public transport

All covered in depth in the Emergency Powers Act Smile

Imagine the sheeple kick off and the next morning they get up and the phones / web is turned off, the shops are shut, the buses and trains aint running, then if the sheeple keep kicking off they turn off the leccy, gas and water.

Forgot to mention the banks as well, the gummint could just as easily order the banks to close and the cash points turned off, add that to the simple measures above and without having to shoot anyone they should break most uprisings.
we are talking the British government?? sounds more like NK or communist China. cant see the likes of what we have living in this country standing for it, this isn't WW2 England any more we have a beligerant and diverse population these days, I can see a revolution if they tried it I don't think they'd last long.
This is the UK YUP, the same UK where only a few years ago

Labour wanted to lock up people without charge or legal representation for 90 days
The EU wanted to make criticism of the EU a criminal offence
A government that allows ANY police officer to ban you from travelling abroad if he simply thinks you MAY be a football hooligan
A government that decided off its own bat without referring to Parliament that the public should no be allowed to own any weapon designed to be used for self defence
A Country where the Police have shot dead over 12 unarmed people and not one officer has been prosecuted.
got a bit away from the OP hasn't it? I thought it was about what the government would "provide" which as we all know is SOD ALL.
Yes I wonder what aid or support they could offer the country in a major crisis I don't believe we have anything outside the militaries very limited war stocks, which of course is not for the general public.
well as we know all the food stocks we did have had to be disposed of under the terms of the EU so none now exist. do they still have those old "green goddesses" they used in the miners strike or have they also been scrapped??
Pages: 1 2 3