Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Hiding your cash / valuables / cards etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just been given a tip by another prepper for hiding cash, spare credit cards and other valuables in your house. going straight to the chase he cut a hole in the wall, put a plastic tub in it to keep his spare cash in and screwed a double power socket over it ( no real wiring in it) and it looks just like the other five double sockets he has in his living room set at the same height as his other sockets Smile
Or the proper thing, but a bit expensive:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Imitation-Double...urity+safe

How about a kitchen wall clock with a hidden compartment:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HIDDEN-COMPARTME...Q98FHRBA62
Neat, Reet and Petite Smile

Cor £42 for yours Dev and £1.99 and an empty ice cream tub for mine !!!
aldi do a empty baked bean tin for £6 , its very good.
(8 December 2014, 18:18)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Cor £42 for yours Dev and £1.99 and an empty ice cream tub for mine !!!

I did say it's a bit expensive Wink

But at least you shouldn't loose it in the cavity wall!!
I knew a carpenter back in the day who had a tidy income making hidden caches in furniture for bikies / bikers (Hell's Angels etc) to store their drugs. It also provided him with a nice security system, as everyone knew he "worked" for the bad guys and wouldn't dare too hassle him!
There are also lots of "stash cans" available on ebay etc, although they're pretty expensive for what you get.
Pretty useful. I don't think I have any valuables worth knicking that Id need to hide in such a way.

Probably something larger scale with back up food supplies or weapons hidden in a wall and plastered over until you needed them. You see it in films occasionally and there was that instance a few years ago where a new home owner found half a dozen shotguns wrapped up in news paper behind a crap plaster job on the wall behind the TV. The news papers the guns were rapped in mentioned the hungerford shooting or similar. (so it is assumed the old homeowner "lost all the guns in a boating accident" before any new laws made them illegal and then forgot they had them/died.)