Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Monster Munch Time..... Maybe ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There have been some unkind inferences recently, that perhaps there are a few members who are prepping in their imaginations Rolleyes

So, perhaps, a few photos with the obligatory Monster Munch ( or whatever supermarket crisps you have to hand ) would put the doubters back in their place.

Just a thought.

I'm happy to post a pic with Tesco Cheese and Onion crisps on request. Yummmm.
oops ... I've eaten all my multipack from the poundshop damn it.....think I kept an empty though
Photos of what exactly?
(16 December 2014, 06:59)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Photos of what exactly?

Perhaps of a water filter you've made, or a nicely organized stash of food or fuel, your GHB, or whatever.

Anything to illustrate that we're doing it for real, rather than in our imaginations.
Part of my preps

[Image: img-crop.asp?w=600&h=600&path=images%5Cp...Harvys.jpg]
well that figures RS!Big Grin only the one?
Don't have get home bag. Don't have masses of food stored, maybe enough for 2-3 weeks (an improvement on what my wife previously allowed). I also don't have a care in the world if people think I prep for real or in my head. At the end of the day, if anything happens & I've not got the right stuff, it's me & my family who face the consequences ultimately. Doesn't affect any other member on here

Bought the water filter the other week after Dev pointed out they were reduced on amazon, though a couple of years back I did post a link to build your own diy version using wine buckets.

I can take a photo of my empty gun safe if you like? Getting a inspection from fao in new year so it's going to remain empty until at least end of jan. Once it's got something inside, I certainly won't post pics of the contents.

I've got a nice store of my prescription meds. A shed full of tools, both manual & powered. Camping gear, fishing gear, nice stock of relevant books (I think) in my room which I periodically review. Basic maintenance gear for my car, including snow chains & cold weather clothing incase I get stuck anywhere. Alternative heating & cooking means (while gas supply lasts).

But the question to be asked is who's to say my preps are wrong & yours are correct? Or vice versa. Not meaning that as anything offensive. Just asking though.
I think prepping is a personal thing, in that what I store and what I prep for is mostly relevant to me and mine and my location, for instance I don't stock snow chains as they wont be required in my mild area but boots and waterproofs will be required as we get more rain than we do snow. we keep our medication up to date, probably got a few months worth but cant store more than that as our health centre is a bit tight but its nothing we cant live without anyway if it came to it. food..probably got 9-12 months worth tinned-dried and frozen, we don't eat much tinned food-processed food is not good as it contains lots of chemical additives so the tinned food is mainly for emergencies and we eat mostly a fresh diet, got about 8 ex army FAC's plus a huge tin of sticking plasters, a LifeSaver water filter, a Lifestraw ,and a couple of Sawyer mini filters(which I will add to as the price is right).
Exactly BP. Whereas snow chains are essential for me because if I can't get to work (even in heavy snow), I don't get paid. No wages = no bills paid & no home. Having no home is a major deal so part of my preps for that is the ability to get to work whatever the weather.

Not all preppers are prepping for doomsday.
Fkin ell I thought the world had run out of Pickled Onion Monster Munch then.
Pages: 1 2