Survival UK Forums

Full Version: New scheme tells jobless: Work for free or lose benefits for THREE years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Work unpaid or lose all your benefits for three years - this is the new message from the government to the long-term unemployed.

Employment minister Chris Grayling said he is convinced a new 'work for dole' scheme would help to reduce Britain's £4 billion benefit bill.

Those who refuse to take part in the scheme, which would see those who have been unemployed for more than three years work unpaid for six months, would not receive any benefit money for up to three years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...years.html
(9 January 2012, 00:21)mikebratcher69 Wrote: [ -> ]Work unpaid or lose all your benefits for three years - this is the new message from the government to the long-term unemployed.

Employment minister Chris Grayling said he is convinced a new 'work for dole' scheme would help to reduce Britain's £4 billion benefit bill.

Those who refuse to take part in the scheme, which would see those who have been unemployed for more than three years work unpaid for six months, would not receive any benefit money for up to three years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...years.html
how does this fit in with the job centres demand that all claimants" must be available for work" ? if someone is working for 30 hours per week(for their benefits) how are they then "available for work"??
Slave labour. Isn't it ironic that Britain was first to abolish slavery and are the first to reintroduce it. Of course that was when politicians were honourable men.
Politicians are still. Aren't they? Kenneth Eames.
Ken,

You clearly have not being paying attention.
that's a great idea ???
all the million unemployed youth and the over the hill people are really going to work for dole £ 40 per week or something like that great!!!!!
then add all the new unempoyed which are laid off because you don't have to pay full wages any more when you can get slave from the gov.uk. nogood.org and
you have the perfect pot for riots well done gov that's sorting this country out ?????
I think this is more like a move towards communism. Total dependence on the government to provide for us. It might be for the doleites to start, but it could progress toward standardised wages.

What will happen is that they will end up getting paid a full salary for hours worked, or there will be HUGE issues on the legal system and the EU.

In Cuba everyone has to work. If there are no jobs available, you are paid to keep your doorstep clean. You have to come out, brush your doorstep clean, once a day, then you can go back inside the house.

If we become too dependent on the government, we will become Communist. Simple as that.
We are already a protectionist society. We rely on the government to protect us. Which is why we can't carry knives or guns around. The government says we have no need for them, and that they will protect us. We are technically vulnerable individuals. We do not have the right to arm ourselves for personal protection? I do have the right to protect myself!!! In America the bill of rights is based on the premise that they are 'God Given' rights. While here in the UK, you cannot protect yourself. 'The government will protect you'. There are so many situations that are like that. Things like housing (the government will house you if you can't), jobs (benefits, dole, and all that), security (police, military, anti knife and gun laws), food (the government with their food stamp hand outs), and so much more.

The problem is that by handing that power to the government, we are weakening ourselves as a nation and as individuals.
(10 January 2012, 01:00)grumpy old man Wrote: [ -> ]that's a great idea ???
all the million unemployed youth and the over the hill people are really going to work for dole £ 40 per week or something like that great!!!!!

i'm not sure what the youth rate is, but the adult rate is about £67 per week these days.
i don't know my self but i do know the crime rate will go up faster than any other rate