Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Exotic/Different meat cooking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If everything goes boob up, how can you be sure you're able to get meat? Well, you may just grow/harvest your own animals for meat. That's cool.

I'm sure most that do look after their own food animals know what to do, e.g. roast a chicken, etc. However, for those unable to cultivate your own animals, how would you go about sourcing meat/protein?

Moreover, once you have it, do you know how to cook it properly? I'm not just talking, stick it over a fire for X number of minutes. Anyone can do that. But do you know what to look for in a rabbit's liver that says you can or can't eat it? Do you know how to skin and fillet a deer? If so, can you cook it properly, without burning and without destroying most the nutritional value?

What about sea food, mussels, crabs and the alike?

Pigeon meat? Quail?

What about insects and things like that? Do you know which are edible and how to prepare them?
hello S13 how are you ,for me I have eaten most things you can kill ,taste nice better than a empty belly .
corvids you have to cook very well, same as rats and dogs and cats .
I think I would have to be very hungry to eat a dog or cat .
Yes, to most of that. S13, but then I've been cooking meat without too many problems for some time now. It's getting it that would be the most problematic (hence my chicken coop and the feathery protein enclosed therein). I saw a few different methods of cooking food when living in an island environment in the S. Pacific - they could easily be recreated with a bit of lateral thinking. Haven't had a chance to skin an animal though.
having small animals at home wouldn't be too hard, during WW2 a lot of people kept chickens and rabbits and I am sure there are other small animals that could be kept quite easily, as for cooking it I think the best way would be to have some form of "game" stew going most of the time. just sticking something over a fire or some form of BBQ is probably going to do little more than singe the outside and leave the inside raw, in a SHTF situation the one thing we all need to do is to make sure our meat is cooked properly so as not to get any medical problems from uncooked or inappropriately cooked meat.
so s13 you can hunt and kill deer , plus skin and prep them.....monster munch time .
Sunna Deer stalking is very highly regulated currently and if S13 was to show you a deer being gralloched unless he was observing/photographing a legitimate stalker doing it then he would be providing evidence of him poaching on an open medium.
no face needs to be seen.

s13 often has spoken of
bodybuilding
cagefighting
5km run
sprint training to name but a few.....monster munch time ...s13
Sunna, are you purposely trying to drive everyone away from the site?

Lets just keep it sociable please.

Having met S13 I wouldn't doubt what he has stated and also he has historically provided photographic evidence of various things.
I can't see anywhere that S13 has claimed to be able to hunt and prep deer, although I don't doubt that he could, it's not difficult.

Sunna, I think you're barking up the wrong tree.
ok ....wofff wofff

sorry s13 I take it back.
Pages: 1 2