Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Mossburg 410 hushpower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I thought I'd ask those of you on here who shoot your thoughts on modified shotguns.

I have a couple of in modified 12g guns but have just bought a modified mossburg 410. It's a great bit of kit and very quiet but how does it compare to say the biekal which I have no experience of.
Mossberg is way better than the Baikal, I've had both.
which Mossberg 410? They have made dozens of models.

And which Baikal?

And what modifications?

You have asked a question with few specifics to base an answer on.
(15 May 2015, 00:35)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]which Mossberg 410? They have made dozens of models.

And which Baikal?

And what modifications?

You have asked a question with few specifics to base an answer on.

He's referring to the silenced Hushpower models, based on a Mossberg 500 pump, Baikal single barrel or a Pedretti single barrel.

The Pedretti in particular is awful.
Spot on there Steve.
I managed to pick one up that was 6 months old for £300, a bargain in my eyes.
I haven't used any other modified gun in 410 calibre hence why I was asking.
I have yet to even use the subsonic shells as the the gun shops round here have all sold out so I've only used it with 2 1/2 standard shells and even then it's quiet.
Mossberg looks great but its hellishly long with that full length shroud hanging of the front.
The Hushpower Mossy's are just too long for my liking.I have shot a silenced Pedretti.It did the job but the build quality was as rough as a badgers arse and best avoided,I would much rather go for a Bretton Gaucher bolt action in 410.They don't come up for sale too often but it would be my number 1 pick for a moderated 410.
I have a 24 inch barrelled pump and it's huge(length) in comparison to my over&unders/side by sides..... the mossberg has a 24 inch barrel with an extra 7 inches hanging of the front 14 inches of pull plus at least 6 inches of action length....51+ inches long 4ft 3 unwieldy to say the least the Baikal single is quite a bit lighter and shorter not to mention cheaper....its a nice touch that you can be an unmoderated barrel to go with the Mossberg for an extra £100 or so as it add's to the versatility....my choice is as talon say's Bretton Gaucher phantom.
All fair points. If I get a chance I'll try the other guns mentioned.
Having put quite a few shells down the mossburg I have to say that the extra length isn't a problem due to how light it is, a touch under 7lb's I believe. Hopefully it's as indestructible as its 12g cousins.
I have a 12g Mossberg 500 Hushpower, I didn't shoot it very well at first, not due to the extra length, but due to the extra girth of the barrel fooling me into shooting low. I have mounted a red dot "holographic" type sight on it, and now it's easy to use. Having the extra standard barrel is a useful addition.

The Mossy 500 is a very simple, reliable gun. It can take abuse and keep on running. It's light, and comes apart easily, yet offers fast second, third and more shots. It will cycle many different cartridges, and if you have a misfire you can have the next cartridge in the chamber in a second or less. The safety catch is right where it should be - ambidextrous. Shortening it either end will not affect its functioning.

I can't find a fault with it as a "survival" gun.
Pages: 1 2